Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Centre lock to 6 bolt – help!!
  • tops5
    Free Member

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this will fit my splined Hope XC hub?

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/Product/151/HBDTCLA/ukbs/dt-swiss-centre-lock-to-6-bolt-adapter.html

Itching to fit my new brakes!!

psychle
    Free Member

Do you have centrelock hubs and 6-bolt rotors? If so, then yes this’ll do the job (I use them myself 🙂 ) But if it’s the other way around, then nope, they won’t! I think you’d need to buy some new rotors?

Stoner
    Free Member

I didnt know Hope ver made a splined hub?

Stoner
    Free Member

except for the really old ones.
    WOuld this fit?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1163

youd then need a 5 bolt rotor for it I guess.

jae
    Free Member

hey,got a few 5 bolt hope rotors to fit if you require….
    rosie.ragdoll@hotmail.com

steelfan
    Free Member

What Stoner says above is correct but you also need a screw on lock ring to hold the spider in place. Just make sure you get the right spider because I think they may be a couple of different spline patterns, a call to Hope should confirm this. I used to have the same system on my old Hope Bulbs.

tops5
    Free Member

Sorry guys, should have explained myself better – yes it’s an old splined Hope hub. Need to fit a 6 bolt rotor.

Psycle – are you on Hope hubs? All the adaptors I have seen mention Shimano centre locks, not sure if they are the same.

Stoner
    Free Member

shimano centrelock is very different to hope splines.

best to get in touch with hope I reckon (or time for a new hub!)

tops5
    Free Member

Stoner/steelfan – yep thats the spider I have now, would like to fit my shiny new Hayes rotor if I can!

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner will be gutted if I need a hub, just had a new wheel built around this one.

Stoner
    Free Member

you could ask hope whether they make a splined-to-6bolt spider? But I cant find one retail, so it would prob be a special order and probably cost some.

The alternative is to buy a new XC hub which will have IS 6 bolt fitting for about £35, and rebuild your wheel onto it. or a ProII for £50ish.

steelfan
    Free Member

You will need new rotors to fit your spider but Hope are pretty good they even offered to make me some avid style rotors to fit my old 5 bolt spiders once.
    Just give them a call and im sure they would be able to help.

steelfan
    Free Member
    scholarsgate
    Free Member

I have two sets of centre lock to 6 bolt adaptor that I’m not using and can sell.

They are A2Z adaptor.
    and
    On One ones

1 pair £20 posted

burdett2002 AT hotmail DOT com

Stoner
    Free Member

🙄

coolfurcats
    Free Member

Oh! I know… I know… Me…Me… Put’s up hand.
    Clears throat. Hmmm!! OK…
    Hope made the “original centre-lock” on the Ti-Hubs. Unfortunately the spline was much bigger with less teeth, and so is incompatible with shimano. There was a couple of adapters made for 6 hole rotors, (Sachs did them at the time), but there is probably no way you’ll get an adapter from Hope spline to Int Stnd 6 bolt fitting nowadays. What you’ll have to do is take a 5 bolt rotor in the correct size and the alminium spyder you’ve already got, fiddle about with washers and spacing for 10 mins, as these old hubs had a diffrent horizontal spacing to newer Int stnd ones, and it should fit. Speak to the guys at Hope for more info.

tops5
    Free Member

Right,

Here is the spider off my hub,

http://p1.pinkbike.com/photo/2993/pbpic2993496.jpg

As you can see it has a lot more splines than in the stoners above (more shimano-esque?)

tops5
    Free Member

Sorry to go on:

Does anyone know if there would be a compatibilty issue with this:

http://www.rushcycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b7s225p417

ie. different offset etc?

steelfan
    Free Member

Hi Tops, That Spider will work perfectly with the rotor from Rush cycles. I had excactly the sames spiders on my old Hope Bulbs when running first generation Mini’s.

coolfurcats
    Free Member

Go for it!
    Provided you have the proper adapter for the rotor/fork mount, there shouldn’t be any other prolems other than the >1.5mm horizontal spacing. 🙂

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks all

Those nice people at Hope are sending me a Hayes specific splined (or 5 bolt) disc. What service! 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Centre lock to 6 bolt – help!!’ is closed to new replies.