Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Center Parcs Holland
  • simonm
    Free Member

Anyone stayed at a Center Pacs in Holland ? If so which one ? Would you go again ? are they simular size to the UK ones ?

Squirrel

Went to one waaay down south a couple of years ago with the family. Can’t remember the name. It was OK. The accommodation was in concrete bunkers like you get here (unless you go to Whinfell which is so much better): perfectly acceptable inside. Usual food outlets, but a fairly limited choice. Activities OK, although the enormous lake was somehow a bit difficult to access. Nice countryside outside, if a little flat, and an enjoyable off-road well signposted cycle loop right outside the door. Hire bikes were rubbish, mind, so best to take your own.

lodious
    Free Member

Did it for 4 years on the trot. We went to Landal, and after UK Centre Parcs it’s a breath of fresh air….like CP but done right. Prices are cheaper (although you have to get there), the dutch school holidays are different, so if you book direct, you don’t get shafted.

I’d really recommend it, there is more space round the accomodation, the atmosphere is better, great for biking (although it’s generally flat)…it feels a lot more ‘outdoors’ then UK centre parcs.

I have been to CP in the UK 3 times, and TBH, I though it was total shit. It’s too busy, packed full of chav’s, you have to prebook everything, the parking is horrible, the food is really expensive. I thought the dutch experience is much better in every respect.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Yes been more times than I can count to several different ones, compared to the UK ones they are fantastic not that the UK is bad just very expensive.

De kempervennan is my favourite as they have an indoor snow centre so you can ski or board. Dutch are very nice people and can speak better English than us!

Book on center parcs europes website and you can get some good discount for booking early, if available and you can afford it go for a Eden villa they are super comfy!

simonm
    Free Member

That’s really good feedback, thanks, think that’s us settled for holiday then.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Not Centre Parks but took the family to Wassanaar to a eurocamp , we stayed in a mobile home , the site is on a theme park which you can use free of charge , there is a huge swimming pool complex that is free for 2 hrs a day and it,s only about 1 hr drive from Hook of Holland . It was 10 years ago that we went and it may have changed but I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anybody looking for a family holiday .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Center Parcs Holland’ is closed to new replies.