Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Celebrity big brother
  • jekkyl

Bit o fun int it?

I dont normally watch such drivel but all the confrontation in this series makes it compulsive viewing. Cheggars is ace, great guy.

granny_ring

Yes.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You are being attacked by a brain virus. Get help.

binners

We watched it the other night, when norks-on-a-stick was going in to the house. Just for the pure car-crashness of it all. After all, you’d surely be hard pressed to find 2 more hideous human beings than the 2 katies.

Or so I thought. Then we sat and watched in disbelief the carry on of Perez Hilton, a person who’s existence I’d previously been blissfully unaware of. He appears to be an oversized spoilt petulant, but retarded toddler. An unremittingly vile and obnoxious, totally self-absorbed specimen of humanity.

Its ironic he’s in in ‘Celebrity’ BB, as he has sort of stands as a hissy-fit throwing, nasty, self-important, vile metaphor for the moral vacuum that is the bloody awful, vacuous ‘celebrity’ obsessed culture we now seem to be saddled with

Andyhilton
    Free Member

It’s all bollocks. You should ride your bike more.

Kryton57

Watched it once and…

Then we sat and watched in disbelief the carry on of Perez Hilton, a person who’s existence I’d previously been blissfully unaware of. He appears to be an oversized spoilt petulant, but retarded toddler. An unremittingly vile and obnoxious, totally self-absorbed specimen of humanity.

Its ironic he’s in in ‘Celebrity’ BB, as he has sort of stands as a hissy-fit throwing, nasty, self-important, vile metaphor for the moral vacuum that is the bloody awful, vacuous ‘celebrity’ obsessed culture we now seem to be saddled with

+1. It made me pretty much quit facebook.

deluded
    Free Member

binners

Andy. They’re not mutually exclusive. You can watch the odd bit of crap telly AND ride bikes, you know.

I could ride it more, I suppose. Have you seen the weather? I don’t know where you are, but its -3 here at the moment, and everything is sheet ice. Its why they put crap telly like this on at this time of year. Any other time, like when its not -3, and to quote Why Don’t You…..

PiknMix
    Free Member

I think Katie Hopkins has come across in a much better light than the everyday media portray her. Perez is a numpty of the highest order but then so am I for watching drivel like this.

granny_ring

I remember that program binners!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not watching it and reading this confirms my prejudices

rocketman
    Free Member

Then we sat and watched in disbelief the carry on of Perez Hilton, a person who’s existence I’d previously been blissfully unaware of. He appears to be an oversized spoilt petulant, but retarded toddler. An unremittingly vile and obnoxious, totally self-absorbed specimen of humanity.

Yup +1

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

used to watch int he early years but havent for ages – however i did catch myself looking up from my ipad over the weekend when she was watching it, and i even tuned in of my own accord last night! i was interested in seeing cheggars too tbh, bit gutted he’s not really his character in Extras!

i am in love with Cami Li

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

The only thing that show has going for it is the lovely Emma Willis. As for the rest of it, I iz out….

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

…as he has sort of stands as a hissy-fit throwing, nasty, self-important, vile metaphor for the moral vacuum that is the bloody awful, vacuous ‘celebrity’ obsessed culture we now seem to be saddled with

I’m so unsaddled by celebrity that this is the first time I’ve known that Perez Hilton was a bloke. I’d heard the name a few times before but always assumed he was probably Paris Hilton’s younger sister or some such.

chakaping
    Free Member

Knock it all you like, you’re still talking about it.

And yes, it’s the best series in years. Viacom (Channel 5’s new owners) must have thrown a stack of money at it!

And no, I’m not really a fan but it sort of pays my mortgage.

And Emma Willis +1

😀

jekkyl

chakaping – Member

you’re Katie Price’s husband? or you have to explain that statement.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m going to try and make an intelligent comment here. I may fail, feel free to lambast my feeble intellect if I do. Anyway I remember years ago watching the original series of Big Brother with interest at the whole “social experiment” aspect. Each successive season the contestants became more shallow, vacuous and fame hungry.

I’ve watched a bit of this series of Celebrity Big Brother and it has been compelling/car crash viewing because of Ken Morley, Perez Hilton and Alexander O’Neal. I wonder is it because these “celebrities” are by their own admission, just in there for a pay cheque and aren’t so concerned with how they are perceived, resulting in them being more real, for want of a better word.

chakaping

Are you her plastic surgeon?

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you her plastic surgeon?

Better long term job prospects than being her husband!

jekkyl

don’t skirt the issue chaka, we need answers, answer the question!! you work for endemol?

chestrockwell

I think Katie Hopkins has come across in a much better light than the everyday media portray her.

Really? I think she comes across as the worst kind of bully. That Perez is hideous but the way she hounds him and anyone else that dares to stick up for him in any way shows us her true colours. She is a vile woman who knows exactly what she’s doing. I bet she won’t go up against any one she thinks the public like.

As a disclaimer I’m only aware of this as our lass watches and I happen to be in the same room. It’s tripe.

thv3
    Free Member

Seen about 5 mins, stand by my suggestion that they are all permanently fenced in.

“Celebrity” doesn’t have any relation to talent anymore does it, pity when genuinely talented people don’t get the recognition they deserve.

MSP

metaphor for the moral vacuum that is the bloody awful, vacuous ‘celebrity’ obsessed culture we now seem to be saddled with

Should be added to every “ooooh such and such who was once on tv” has died thread, my thoughts are with their family or other random clichéd pretence at an emotional display.

Cougar

Just a heard a rumour that the next surprise housemate is going to be Jeremy Kyle.

The Sun wants to take away our tits and Channel 5 wants to give us more of them.

Cougar

Top marks for that !

Stevet1
    Free Member

I think Katie Hopkins has come across in a much better light than the everyday media portray her.

Really? I think she comes across as the worst kind of bully. That Perez is hideous but the way she hounds him and anyone else that dares to stick up for him in any way shows us her true colours. She is a vile woman who knows exactly what she’s doing. I bet she won’t go up against any one she thinks the public like.

As a disclaimer I’m only aware of this as our lass watches and I happen to be in the same room. It’s tripe.

I agree with all that down to the last comment as well.
    Funnest moment was when Alexander O’Neal tried to teach Ken Morley that using the term ‘negro’ was likely to get him in trouble.

johndoh
    Free Member

I watched about 10 minutes of it on Friday night as it was the only thing even remotely interesting on the TV.

I then snapped out of it and put Pink Floyd on instead and read for a bit.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Gawd I hate it, I actually watched a series of BB once and got hooked, but that was over 10 years ago, I think I watched a Celebrity one too, they were shorter then and had people you’d heard on in it – but the best thing about it is it’s not compulsory so despite my involvement here – I’ve been spared it’s drivel and it’s been spared my bile.

I do find it odd now though that, even more than in the 90’s and early 2000’s (when ironically Jordan and Duval made their name) that it’s entirely possible to be a professional celebrity – not a singer, or TV presenter or actor or whatever – you know someone with a rare talent – but you go onto some sort of reality thing where they accept Muggles, do really well enough to be on it for a long time, but no so long as to actually win the thing (the fame kiss of death if ever there was one) and hey presto you’re a ‘Celebrity’ and can now find work on the far more lucrative Celebrity Reality TV racket.

I should stop moaning and get a few applications filled in, I think with a bit of work I could make a total arse of myself on TV (okay, with no work I could do that) spend a few months having my picture taken falling out of pubs and sitting in a house / jungle / panel show – trouser a few grand and disappear into nameless masses again.

maccruiskeen

Viacom (Channel 5’s new owners) must have thrown a stack of money at it!

Weird – if viacom have bought Channel 5 – why is Desmond still cross-promoting Big Brother in the Star and Express? A front pages of the Star without a story about BB on it (regardless if theres a series of BB running or not) are the thing of myth and legend.

With all that money in the bank you can see why he’s been so ready to throw cash at UKIP though.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’ve probably watched a total of 10mins of all the BB’s ever made…..however stumbled onto this series when it started and have watched the odd bits …. mostly in horror!

I too had never heard of Perez, but his antics that night were quite remarkable! (in a David Coleman voice)

Rockape63
    Free Member

Can it really be possible that SIX days have passed since anyone mentioned CBB?

I mean can there be a worse example of entertainment on TV…..it’s must see viewing!

Mind you I do feel ‘dirty’ after watching it!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Celebrity big brother’ is closed to new replies.