Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cedric Gracia: full video of Reunion Island crash?
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

Does anybody know where I may find a link to a video which is longer than seven minutes twenty seconds, one which has footage of the actual innocent looking crash?

Thanks.

bruneep

probably best to email Cedric as the 7:20 section was released by him

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Just don’t watch it man! You’ll never ride again if you dwell on that!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hi video posted had the crash in it, it’s a very powerful video to show people who don’t think they need to know any first aid
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Video-CGs-Bloody-Crash.html
    Crash 1min 35-40

TimothyD
    Free Member

Maybe I’ll email him for it. Thanks.

It was to share with somebody in a ‘take heed and take/learn first aid’ kind of way.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Watch the link above – it’s there just not in chronological order

TimothyD
    Free Member

You’re right, I’d mis-remembered it.

kilo

It’s a good vid, it started cropping up in the first aid courses at work when discussing catastrophic bleeds.

gaidong
    Free Member

I’ve had intermittent first aid training over the last 25 years but I hope to God I’d have the presence of mind to actually get to grips with an arterial bleed. I’ve dealt with a chest stab wound before and the reaction was immediate, pressure on and potentially injured lung down (the blade actually turned on a rib, so not too bad). The scary part of this video is with a lame crash like that your mates probably won’t expect a serious injury. I live in France and also like how this shows French male bonding, which is largely the same, in my experience, as the British version, i.e. piss taking continues despite a friend bleeding out on the ground. Also top points for calling the first paramedic on the scene an “arsehole”!

ulysse
    Free Member

Why the hell would anyone want to watch it twice.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yep.

I remember seeing that & stopped at the first squirt of claret. Not nice.

Fortunately, having done numerous wilderness 1st Aid courses, I didn’t feel the need to educate myself so watched no further..

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

No first aid course that I’ve been on deals with pinching arteries closed through a hole in somebody’s groin…

gaidong
    Free Member

First aid courses have changed a lot over the years. I don’t just mean the numbers of heart compressions versus lung inflations, but the breadth of content. My first courses in the late 1980s included splints and the like, now it’s mainly (for urban first aid) ‘stabilise’ then call emergency services. The first point of stabilising is to stop a heavy bleed or no ambulance will get there fast enough. How else do you want to stop an artery?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No first aid course that I’ve been on deals with pinching arteries closed through a hole in somebody’s groin…

Perhaps you went on a general one… there are a number that offer wilderness or out there first aid which deals in more depth, I know somebody who used to run them for remote working and the course content depended on how long it would take to get evacuation (in days) as to what you needed to be able to cover.

kilo

My first aid course at work covers stopping arterial bleeds with direct pressure, including at the groin area. use of tourniquets, all the fun stuff. Some of the more hardcore stuff does have a crossover into normal life

mrlebowski
    Free Member

As has been said – there are plenty that do..

Far from help..

Well worth attending if you are regularly out in the ulu.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cedric Gracia: full video of Reunion Island crash?’ is closed to new replies.