Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CCDB , what have I done wrong
  • CheesybeanZ

Fannying around trying to fit a rear mud guard and I let the air out of the shock , now I can’t get it back to full travel – its sitting at around 170mm i2i and 25 mm of shaft showing with 200psi .
    Bikes a Codeine 29er and I’m sure the shock is a 190mm x 50mm .
    What am I missing ????

khani
    Free Member

Negative air chamber not equalising maybe, try bouncing up and down on it to see if it sorts itself out,

Goldigger
    Free Member

If i remeber correctly..Pump the shock to 50-75psi and cycle the shock a few times.. This will charge the negative chamber. Then fill to desired pressure…

CheesybeanZ

Bounced , reduced psi re bounced , back too 200psi and still not extending to full length .

Goldigger
    Free Member

Let all the air out and try as I posted above ^

CheesybeanZ

Thanks Goldigger , tried 50/75 psi and its completely stuck at fully compressed – had a good chat with one of the TF guys and they think there must be an underlying problem with the shock .
    So its off for a service .

jonnyblease
    Free Member

This is a relatively common problem with the CCDB air (google it). Both me and my mate have this shock and within 6 months have both had to send back to be resolved by TF.

TF are great about it and return the shock promptly but it does reduce my confidence in the reliability of the shock, especially since my mates broken half way through a riding holiday in Slovenia.

strike
    Free Member

There’s some interesting threads over on mtbr.com shocks and suspension sub-forum about CCDB issues, including issues with shocks that have become stuck down.

Bewilderedsassanack

Had one on my 2015 spec Enduro. Died on its second ride (same issue as yours). Specialized replaced it with a Rockshox Monarch. They told me it wasn’t worth fixing as it’ll just break again. They seem to have binned Cane Creek for the 2016 enduros. I’d get something else.

variflex
    Free Member

As per Bewildered above. Specialized sent out a new Monarch Plus when I registered my 2015 Enduro frame, I didnt even have to wait until it failed. QC problems apparently. SHame they are having so many problems with them 🙁

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

HTH 😉

RickDraper
    Free Member

Did you rapidly let all the air out? Try pumping it up to 250psi and then slowly remove the air. The negative air chamber has a lot of pressure in it right now and the 200psi you have filled it with is not sufficient to push the piston past the equilization dimple.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CCDB , what have I done wrong’ is closed to new replies.