Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Caution – Allen Sharlow…asharlow@blumail.org
  • orangesoul
    Free Member

Hi,

Just a word of caution. I advertised a while back that I wanted a set of Ultegra cranks and after a few weeks of hearing nothing the above chap got in touch to say he had what I wanted. Below is his email…

Hello,
    Allen Sharlow Here. I still have the requested items in perfect condition.
    Whats your phone #?

Thanks,
    Allen Sharlow
    *asharlow@blumail.org <accallen2@gmail.com>*
    275,Church St,Blackpool,
    Lancashire,FY1 3PB

I thought the email might be joey so asked for pics and a price and received this reply…

Thanks for the mail. I encountered a problem trying to
    attach photos to you. I still have the Shimano Ultegra 6750 (compact)
    chainset in mint condition. I’m asking for a £200 including shipping
    to you. Whats your complete shipping address and phone #. i can ship
    via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer.

I wait to read from you soon.

Many Thanks,

Allen.

Now to me that email doesn’t read as though Allen has a clue about bikes, what I’m after or the English language. I challenged the price and he stated he’d drop it by £50 without any haggling. I then refused to have any further to do with him as it just smelt fishy. I may be barking up the wrong tree here and Allen may be a genuine STW user but I got the impression if I sent him money I’d never see a set of Ultegra cranks or ever hear from him again. I’m also pretty sure if I managed to trace his email address it’d come back to another country.

As such I thought I’d let users of STW know of Allen just incase he is scamming as we all put a lot of faith in each other when trading on the website. If he’s genuine then I hope he excepts my apologies.

Cheers,

Ed

Xylene
    Free Member

Common scam.

stevede
    Free Member

The fact that he’s offering shipment via ups or fedex suggests he’s scamming from overseas and the rest of it doesn’t read well, 100% scammer.

MartynS

COUGH…

Check out the address…… Its a Scam

el_diablo
    Free Member

Ring the surveyors and see if Allen works there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Caution – Allen Sharlow…asharlow@blumail.org’ is closed to new replies.