Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • cathater syringes, not off topic.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

My avid bleed kit syringes have packed up. Can I replace them ith cathater syringes? Will the threaded bits fit?
    Cheers.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

should do they usually a standard luer lock on them, I doubt they would be a specific fitment due to manufacturing costs.

Try it and see, what’s the worst that can happen, just have plenty of paper towels to hand for leaks.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where do you get the fitings to go into the threaded part (the bits in the hose)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Catheter syringes are not leur lock – they have a wide nozzle. You can get leur lock 50 ml syringes tho.

Catheter syringe

Northwind

Are the syringes actually threaded? They don’t need to be, often you get the threaded insert on the end of its bit of hose and then that just interference fits onto the syringe. If that’s the case then you can be less choosy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t know what syringes come with eh kit but you can get syringes with male and female luer lock fittings – feed syringes have the male fitting.
    Feed syringe ( male leur lock)

Leur lock ( female}

Basic unthreaded leur slip

racing_ralph
    Free Member

which are bets for bleeding shimano brakes tj?

scaredypants

Are the syringes actually threaded? They don’t need to be

I reckon you’re right but I do find it a bit reassuing that the avid line screws in. DOn’t really fancy the connector blowing of & spraying brake fuid in my eyes

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pants, It’s none of those. I assume avid don’t use a proprietary syringe. I’m just trying to find some thing that the avid bleed kit will screw into.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The avid branded syringes in my kit are definitely leur lock like the middle one TJ posted, and are just normal medical use syringes with avid printed on the side. These ones on ebay have the wrong picture on the listing but will be just fine as replacements. Avoid anything that says ‘catheter’ on it as it will just have a tapered tip and you may as well have something you can screw the red plastic fittings into for beter hose connection.

tang
    Free Member

I got some dosing ones from the vets. Great for Shimano.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My mistake, they do look like the luer lock type on closer inspection. Cheers folks.

TimS
    Free Member

I asked nicely when I was at the doctor’s office for a jab. They don’t seem to have very large ones, but I got a couple of 30ml ones.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cathater syringes, not off topic.’ is closed to new replies.