Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cateye stadium 3 lights
  • jere
    Free Member

Are Cateye stadium lights still worth much? I’d ideally like to get some lighter LED or HID helmet lights but need to see if i can get rid of these first or whether it’s worth keeping them as spares

wwaswas

Given their age, the batteries would probably be a bit ‘suspect’ and spare bulbs/ballasts have ben unavailable for years.

Your best bet is to find someone who already has a set that wants a spare set ‘just in case’.

Hope HIDs are going for less than £100 second hand and they still have backup from Hope so I’d expect to be glad to get £40-£50 for it 🙁

You may find someone who’ll replace the bulb with an LED for you, though.

z1ppy

Personnally I think anyone who’d spend £50 on a very old lighting system when the DX light are available new for less is not very well informed.

Get it on ebay, you could be surprised what those less informed ppl will spend..

PS: There one on ebay, try watching it and see if it sells..

(LOL @ some one on ebay selling their cateye manual for £3.25!)

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve got the Stadium 3, damn bright light. The battery was useless so I was able to get one from Smudge, lasts for well over 4 hours with over 1600 lumens. It’s a poor mans bright bike light. 😉

You’ll probably get more for it in a month or so, when it starts getting noticeably darker.

You may find someone who’ll replace the bulb with an LED for you, though.

I would like that..!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cateye stadium 3 lights’ is closed to new replies.