Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cateye Nima rear light
  • DickBarton

Bought 2 of these about 4 weeks ago – they were bright and dead easy to work…due to work/parenting they have sat in my lights box with my front light unused.

Stuck them on my bike 2 nights ago and neither worked – figured the batteries were flat as I must have knocked them on when I closed the box lid.

Bought new batteries and replaced them…now they won’t even power up – batteries are in the right way round, brand new from an unopened pack.

Replacing is a dead simple task – untwist the back and remove backing…the 2 existing batteries come out with a dunt and the new ones go in, backing gets twisted back on…and nothing happens…

Annoyingly, I just got rid of the packaging and receipt yesterday (shredded the receipts!)…so I’m stuck with them but I can’t believe they are broken…anyone else got them and suffered the same and managed to resolve it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

You have aligned the back – ie so the top of the clamp presses the wee button when you push it in?

DickBarton

Yes…I made sure everything went back on the way it came off…the backing plate appears to be a slight rocker switch thing…so it rocks on/off and hits the actual switch…I’m assuming the small bit of metal contacts the top battery to make it all powered (the backing plate has no metal on it so doesn’t form part of the circuit…)

spyke85
    Free Member

They are just a crap light!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You are holding it in?

IIRC it’s easy to get the polarity wrong also.

DickBarton

Holding what in? The batteries seat themselves with a click, the batteries are right way round (+ facing upwards, as per manual)…

monkeychild
    Free Member

How weird, my front one did exactly the same last week. I have put it down to them being crap!!

DickBarton

Got it sorted – went back to the shop and they swapped both of them for a Cateye Omni 5 – all seems to be working and in order.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cateye Nima rear light’ is closed to new replies.