Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cateye Micro Wireless – intermittent and annoying
  • easygroove
    Free Member

My cycle computer transmitter is about 45cm from the head unit on my road bike. I replaced the battery in the transmitter but not the head unit. The magnet is within 5mm and aligned.

It displays the little symbol that says it is receiving signal but it fluctuates dramatically on the speed readings and i dont know why. It will go from a cruise speed of 35km/h and drop to 0km/h for a couple of seconds and then come back up to 35km/h. Its very annoying, anyone else had the problem? What fixes it?

speaker2animals

You don’t ride near a lot of electrical pylons/rail lines?

For the sake of it I’d try a new battery in the head unit too, if not, sounds burgered.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cat eye wireless stuff is about as much use as a chocolate teapot

ive got a micro and i too have had the above – mines can also jam up occasionally needing a full reset to make it work again – i turned it into a clock on my workstand !

replaced it with a velomann – much more reliable

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

I’ve had mine 2 years and its had a routine of vigorous jetwashing in that time.
    I’d change the battery in the head unit and go from there.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Had same issue on a Strada – changed battery in both units and been fine since.

CraigW
    Free Member

Or are you using any sort of LED light? I’ve found they can interfere with wireless computers.

Dibbs
    Free Member

When the batteries are on the way out they appear to be affected by cold much more. I find that mine will work OK at home in the garage on a cold day but after I’ve ridden a few miles it gives up, letting me know it’s time for new batteries.

easygroove
    Free Member

[CraigW – Member

Or are you using any sort of LED light? I’ve found they can interfere with wireless computers./quote]

Yes, the head unit is mounted quite close to a Lezyne LED front light – it may be this, any suggested fixes? There are not many other options for positioning either the light or the computer anywhere else to move them further away from each other.

martymac

i have a cateye micro wireless, if it only works sometimes the problem is most likely a knackered battery in the head unit.
    i have found that my deal extreme light interferes with it, but only on the low power setting, i solved this by mounting the light battery in an old water bottle on the down tube.
    a cateye el530 will also interfere with it, if its mounted right next to the computer.
    hope this helps mate.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I forgot about lights, my L&M HID and LED lights both stopped the Cateye working, although the LED doesn’t seem to be so bad when it’s on full power.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Lezyne light interferes with my Cateye on anything but high setting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cateye Micro Wireless – intermittent and annoying’ is closed to new replies.