Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cateye Cycle Computers [Wireless]
  • duckers
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 go tits up in as many years (Wireless 7 and now a Strada), enyone else had trouble with them?

What success have people had with other brands?

I’ve got a forerunner but can never be arsed putting it on to cycle, I prefer an on bike computer (although people will no doubt comment that a GPS is more accurate under most conditions?)

thefallguy
    Free Member

had a wireless strada for 2 years, still perfect touch wood!

cinnamon_girl

I’ve gone back to wired Cateye, much more reliable. Trouble is you get used to a certain brand and way of setting it up. I use the Enduro one and switch between bikes. You used to be able to buy just the wires which was quite handy.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Wireless computers are inherently unreliable and quite often give out toss info, stick with wired.

sweep
    Free Member

Got two of them, totally fine, expect you can find someone with a bad experience of any wireless computer. I keep all my receipts for all my bike stuff anyway. Only thing I don’t like about them is you lose your mileage count if you have to change the battery.

duckers
    Free Member

You can set the odometer on the Strada apparently, although I’ve never done it.

markenduro
    Free Member

Mine is fine until I put my lupine any where near it, it pulses the power to the LED’s on any setting other than full and the EMC emmissions p;ay havoc with the sender on the computer.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I have a strada that seems ok … early days yet as its only 3 months old ,…. The one problem i do have with it is that i cant use the strada and my gps at the same time , the strada goes haywire when the gps is on and gives all manner of strange speeds on the screen …

cinnamon_girl

Cateye Enduro works fine beside a Garmin gps if that helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cateye Cycle Computers [Wireless]’ is closed to new replies.