Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Catching on my seat….riding woes
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Hi all,

Simply put, on step descents/drops I’m finding that I’m catching my shorts on my seat and has almost thrown me off my bike. I don’t believe I’m doing anything different and it has happened on all the seats/shorts combos I’ve had, but it’s happening a lot recently. I tried to compensate by trying to keep my body further forward but I was then find I was getting bigger problems by almost going over the bars. I’m very frustrated with my riding at the minute and this is really annoying me. I’m quite tall riding an older Meta 5.

Is this simply down to body position or saddle height? I’m riding with a reverb and this happens on anything other than having the dropper right down.

Thanks

Colin

wwaswas

Lycra is what you need 🙂

scotroutes

Wot he said

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed!

binners

But if you don’t want to look like a sex offender, just try a different saddle.

I had Ragley saddle that I kept getting hooked up on. This culminated in me ripping a pair of shorts literally in half on a very hairy descent. That then culminated in me taking the saddle off when I got home, and throwing it in a pond, then putting a less hooky-uppy Charge Spoon on

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

can still happen in lycra but easier to rectify IME

ohrats
    Free Member

can still happen in lycra but easier to rectify IME]

I see what you did there.

stcolin
    Free Member

I have a Charge Spoon now, had a Ragley one before.

Not going lycra.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Why I stopped wearing shorts their just fashion rather than effective

luffy105
    Free Member

Have you got the ‘leather’ effect charge saddle? I had one of those and find it quite grippy on my shorts and caused problems. Switched the saddle for one with a smooth/shiny surface and get caught out a lot less now.

imp999
    Free Member

Braces.
    Ahhhh, I’ve said it!

The shame……

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Catching on my seat….riding woes’ is closed to new replies.