Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cat Repellent?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Cats are pooing on my front lawn and in the flower beds in the back garden. My normal solution would be wait for the cat and then bucket of water. Only problem is that this cat(s) seems to be a ninja cat. I’ve never seen it.

Has anyone found a good cat repellent? Or am I looking at mining the lawn?

willej

Only thing I found that worked when we had a cat poo epidemic in our garden was my own urine. I’d bottle the first couple of wees on a Saturday morning then spread it around the access points into our garden. I had to do this weekly for it to be effective. We moved in the end, not just because of the cats but they and their droppings were a factor.

Have you seen this?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8[/video]

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I have no problem peeing on my own lawn. Probably better to bottle it first though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You can get that cat repellent stuff, It’s green & smells nasty.
    Doesn’t work though cos OUR cat just shits on it.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Were having the same problem, mainly due to the fact the couple across the road have a ridiculous amount of cats which means our end of the street is densely populated with the little ****. Our gravel drive is basically a giant litter tray. I will catch them and I will kill them

maccruiskeen

Something folk in southern european countries do (they seem to be weirdly phobic of cats) is lay 2lt plastic pop bottles filled with water around their garden.

Cats vision is different to ours- the bottles act like big lenses and the distortions and the reflections in them apparently freaks them out

gears_suck
    Free Member

I love it. These are probably people who take their dogs out for a shit in the park.

yunki
    Free Member

I could lend you my 18 month old cat obsessed toddler for a week or two..

He’s guaranteed to scare away all inquisitive neighbourhood cats within a 2 mile radius..

here he is ‘re-training’ one that he caught earlier today 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cat Repellent?’ is closed to new replies.