Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Cat pi55ed in my shoes
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Utterly unprovoked and now my old faithfull trainers just stink. Washed them and they still reek of the feckless feline.

What can I do? owning with bombers is not an option, retaliation is futile as the pissing puss doesnt wear shoes.

Just want the smell to go away.

doug_basqueMTB.com

essence of petunia.

stumpy01

Isn't water with lemon juice good for neutralising odours….?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just disinfect the bastards.

The shoes, not the cat….

Creg

Wash them in biological washing powder.

Also spray them down with a special odour eliminator from the vet (cant remember what its called) so it doesnt do it again.

Had it happen many times with one of my cats, including one incident where he pissed in a brand new, unworn pair of shoes

IanMunro
    Free Member

You've got to escalate this quickly for the cat to understand. Curl one off in its basket as an opening salvo.

hels
    Free Member

OMG – throw them in the bin, do it now !

There is a reason your cat pissed on them, it can smell something and wants to mark it's territory.

Either that or it wants to get above you in the pecking order. Buy one of those plug in to the power point Make Cats Feel Good things if it does it anywhere else. I thought it was new age quackery but it actually worked.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You have just one solution…. it's called the bin!

Macavity
    Free Member

Were you wearing the shoes at the time?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I think the big question is what did you do to your cat to deserve this? Did you not send it something it bought off the classifieds?

_tom_
    Free Member

Cats are horrible things, put it in a wheelie bin.

mendip
    Free Member

😡 chuck both the trainers and the cat in the bin 😆

nickname
    Free Member

wee in its basket

ski
    Free Member

Is it Tom cat pee?

If so you are DOOMED!

donsimon
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

You've got to escalate this quickly for the cat to understand. Curl one off in its basket as an opening salvo.

It's the only way forward. 😆

monotokpoint
    Free Member

sell them on eBay

grtdkad

Shoes in bin
    Cat in bin

…apparently it's the way to go…

showerman
    Free Member

you must have really up set the cat,

retro83
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

😆 😆 😆

brassneck

Napisan is about the only thing that wiull take the edge off.

I just grew to like it, happened so often

cranberry
    Free Member

What can you do?

Better know your place in the future.

Divagirl
    Free Member

brassneck
    Napisan is about the only thing that will take the edge off.

I agree, wash them again with biological detergent plus a scoop of
    Napisan

I use it on my running gear every few months – brings it back to new again

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've got two pairs of Shimano shoes that smell like cat pi55 whenever I get them wet. Should have learnt my lesson after the first pair I suppose.

Xylene
    Free Member

I am sure I read somewhere that if you can get a 20 year old virgin to pee in them that will counteract the smell.

hora
    Free Member

….and a new saying is born!!!!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As mentioned, it's a territorial thing. It is probably due to stress on the part of your cat, anything can trigger it – a new cat next door, a strange smell in the house, etc.

Creg's example is typical : "Had it happen many times with one of my cats, including one incident where he pissed in a brand new, unworn pair of shoes" The smell of the new shoes probably did it.

Humans don't understand just how important sense of smell is to animals such cats. Apart from all the information they provide, smells can make cats feel secure and insecure. The smell of it's own pee will make a cat feel far more secure. It will mean that it is in it's own territory – in it's own home. Although it can also mark it's territory it in other ways, such as leaving scent by scratching posts/furniture, or by rubbing the side of it's face on objects to leave it's pheromones.

This stuff will help calm your cat down and seriously reduce the urge it might feel to mark it's territory against perceived threats.

http://www.feliway.com/gb

It's feline pheromones, and it isn't cheap, but I have had seriously impressive results with the spray version.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Cat pi55ed in my shoes’ is closed to new replies.