Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cat Flap advice
  • footflaps

How do I fit a cat-flap to my back door – do I get a new double glazed panel with a cat flap sized notch made in it?

IMG_0582 by brf, on Flickr

alfabus
    Free Member

yes

edit: well… not a notch, more like a square hole; a notch would be really weak.

footflaps

It’s a hardwood frame so very tough and I was thinking of trying to keep the cat flap as low as possible, hence the notch idea..

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Our last two front doors were really nice hardwood doors which I could not bring myself to cut holes in so we built a cat tunnel through the wall.

In both cases the tunnel was not near the door, just a convienient piece of wall. Had the advantage that the cat flap mechanism is easy to fix into the wall and the brickwork can be replaced at a later date and everything made good.

sok

I had a new double-glazed panel for a conservatory door made with a round hole in it (I think you do round in glass/PVC, goes without saying to buy the cat flap and check size etc first). It’s worked a treat. Was expensive (£200 I think but that was for a full panel, you’ll only need half) but much better than a stinky litter tray in the house.
    Make sure you keep the old panel as when poor kitty moves on you can put it back in and not have a great draft through your door. Wish I’d thought of this before.

Lee Glass were excellent, not surw how national they are though http://www.leeglass.com/

kudos100
    Free Member

Do you have a thing for flaps?

footflaps

😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cat Flap advice’ is closed to new replies.