Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cat adoption
  • mrmo
    Free Member

a couple of weeks ago this cat came in the window and appears to have decided to stay around. The two cats i already have appear to be tolerating his presence and i don’t have much issue with him eating food.

However i do have a few issues, he might belong to someone and be lost, but i have not been able to find any missing cat notices that match, i haven’t been able to feel a chip in his scruff, it might be there but i can’t feel it. He is also incredibly friendly which is a little unusual compared to most cats, let alone strays.He is also intact and i am not overly hot on the idea of a young tom, and the vets bills when he has a fight!

just wondering if anyone can offer some idea of who to approach to see if he is lost? and what impact neutering is going to have on a young adult cat?

Yak

I’d get the vet to scan him anyway – just in case there is a chip. You’ll probably find he’s from 2 houses away and you just have nicer food at yours.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Take him for neutering regardless?

rickmeister

We have a stray lad who walked in on us 10 years ago similar markings to yours.

He was camped out in the garden for the two weeks before, we were feeding him on the doorstep….

After a week inside, it was down the vets for a chip scan and bloods to check for cat aids etc etc… We got the all clear so castrated him at what the vet thought was about 3 yrs old… No chip found and we also searched via the vet and fb.

Now chipped, he has a pet passport and made the journey with us to Germany and he is a super pal.

No problems post snip at all.

Pigface
    Free Member

Chop his nads off, you don;t want his spraying in the house.

Looks like he has made himself at home 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

Whenever we’ve gone to choose a cat, we tend to let the right cat pick us.
    Anyway, you are now his minon, so start carrying out his bidding…..

mintimperial

Get him neutered. You’re doing the world and him a service. If you weren’t going to keep him then the RSPCA or any other cat charity would do the same thing automatically.

mogrim

Get the vet to check for a chip, and if he hasn’t got one and you’re planning on keeping him it’s chop time.

No idea what you should do if you’re not planning on keeping him, though!

footflaps

No idea what you should do if you’re not planning on keeping him, though!

Blue Cross, RSPCA etc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cat adoption’ is closed to new replies.