Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cars: Autoquake, any one bought from them
  • PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I've reserved a car from them and going to see it at the weekend. It's a pretty good deal (I think) or should the too good to be true bell be ringing. I haven't bought a car through anything other than main dealer for years.

Here is the car

http://www.autoquake.com/used-seat-ibiza/1.9-tdi-sport-5dr-diesel-manual/inspid=24856

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

[pulls up a chair]

They seems to be silly cheap but wasn't sure about this whole 'pay to reserve it before you can actually see/drive the car' thing.

Would be good to hear some feedback though as I'm looking to get a new car in the next few weeks…

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

as long as you turn up you can get the £100 back if you don't like it.

JohnnyPanic

Looks like a similar setup to http://www.carsite.co.uk/.
    I reserved one with them earlier this year & paid a reservation fee. 4 weeks later I bought something closer to home and got my fee back no problem.

KT1973
    Free Member

My collegue bought an X5 off them and got it for 5K cheaper than they were elsewhere. They won't haggle on the price though, but I think you have 2 weeks to change your mind.
    Seems decent enough to me

Marmoset
    Free Member

I've got 2 colleagues who have bought from them over the last year – both very pleased with what they got and the service received. Most of the cars are ex lease, so they've been looked after, I think it's essentially the lease company selling to you so they don't take a chance on not recovering much at auction disposals.

Legoman
    Free Member

Had a couple of experiences of them.
    I bought a 3yr old Discovery 3 from them. Bit nervous as I didn't even view it, but they were very honest in their description and it was delivered no problems. It was also the cheapest I could find – cheaper even than private sales through autotrader etc.

My Dad also bought a Vectra from them – had a bit of a rattle & turned out to need a complete new exhaust. He took it back within the return deadline (which is 7 days I think) and got his money back. No questions asked, but did take a couple of weeks or so to actually get the money.

Overall my experience is they're pretty good. If you're buying sometihng >3 years old, shop around for aftermarket warranties though – I bought mine from Quake but I think now I could have got it a lot cheaper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cars: Autoquake, any one bought from them’ is closed to new replies.