Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Carrying bikes on a TVR Chimaera
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Tiger's car is a post facelift model with improved boot hinges that open wider.

The facelift was around 98 / 99 but there was no distinct cut off point so every car is a bit different.

The boot lid is easily detached so if you go for your spare boot idea all you need to do is find one with the same fixing points, there were at least three variations of hinge arrangements that I know about so it would be a matter of physically checking interchangeability.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've tried to live with an MG midget, I'm giving up and buying a second car, just too much of a ball ache over the winter and whenever I need to move anything.

Anyone got a 9/10 year old toyota corrola or ford focus for sale?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

my missus took one for a test drive 4 year – that was fatal – she's been after one ever since.

Tiger6791

The man is correct it was a 99 on 'T' with buttons under the wing mirrors, different lights at the back, different front grill, new dash and a 4.5L engine.

Think they changed in 96 though

Tiger6791

Just one more to tempt you, do it buy one!

was
    Free Member

BTW everyone, I do have access to an 06 Golf too.

I'd much rather drive the Chim the hour and a half along superb roads to the lakes!

That is more like it 🙂

epicyclo

Maybe you need this? Uses a Ritchey Breakaway frame

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Maybe you need this? Uses a Ritchey Breakaway frame

But it would still be cheaper to buy a £200 wreck to carry your bikes in…..

epicyclo

PeterPoddy – Member
    But it would still be cheaper to buy a £200 wreck to carry your bikes in…..

Apart from the maintenance, yearly insurance and road tax bill.

Not that I should speak. My favourite car is my red bike shed – an old bomb Espace bought purely for bike transport. I often wonder why didn't I get one sooner.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Are "was" and "was8v" the same person ?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

you could always buy a sc tranny!

davetrave
    Free Member

DT78

Davetrave – is that your elise? Any chance of some closeups of the fork mounts? Does it work for 20 boltthru and QR?

Fraid not, those pics are links to the Elise-Parts website and are the S1 and S2 racks they do. I don't bother with a luggage rack because I'd have to drill the bodywork (I have an S2). Seen it done on one or two S1s and there was a guy who rode regularly at Thetford when I lived down that way who had a rack on his S1 – he'd got it done buy one of the guys on MLOC (Midlands Lotus Owners' Club) forum who made them to order. You could try googling it or going to the MLOC forum and seraching…

MLOC forum

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Carrying bikes on a TVR Chimaera’ is closed to new replies.