Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Carrying a guitar on a bike
  • leffeboy

Anyone got any good solutions for carrying an acoustic guitar on a bike? I’ve been through a couple of soft backpack type cases but I think the body size of my guitar is just a little large as it seems a bit of a squeeze in these cases and the zips go quicker than I am happy with. I’ve got a hard case that is perfect but no backstraps.

Anyone got any good tricks for fixing a hardcase to the bike or your back? (or got a good source of soft cases in a variety of sizes?)

nickdavies

Tried a decent soft bag? I’ve got a couple of Warwick Rockbags, one takes my 12 string which is a jumbo body so should be adequate for you. Has rucksack type shoulder straps and it’s pretty robust, i’ve flown with the guitar in it a couple of times. Very well made and padded, loads of size options.

Not a cheap solution though! 😆

Edit: I’m talking about the premium ones btw, just looked at their site and it seems they do a cheaper range too. Doubt they’ll be any use for regular travel.

leffeboy

Just been looking and they look good but there are no dimensions there anywhere. I’ll have a hunt and see if I can find someone that stocks them here as they’re a bit pricey to take a punt on if they are too small. Top suggestion though, thanks

nickdavies

You want me to measure mine?

leffeboy

that would be awesome. Do you know which model it is? I think the problem I have is with the thickness of the body. Thomann have the dimensions for some but not all

sharkattack

leffeboy

no way

is that an S&S coupler in there as well?

nickdavies

I think it’s the jumbo, I can’t see any markings on it though. I’m pretty sure it was this one: http://shop.warwick.de/?&c=35352310036&lang=en&smk=1&modul=shop&site=article_details&article_id=D0720598001322750251A1112&article_category=D0245361001321517444A51408&nm=D0612737001321517442A50670|D0954943001321517443A51254|D0245361001321517444A51408

The guitar in there currently is 108cm long, 30cm wide at the body neck side and 40cm wide at the body bridge side, and 10cm deep.

The guitar I bought it for is a bit larger 110cm long, 29cm wide at the body neck side and 40cm wide at the body bridge side, and 11cm deep. Both fit nicely and are well protected, the neck support is really good as well, saves the head swinging about inside.

(Width measurements relate to the widest part of the bulges, i don’t know what the actual name for them is!)

leffeboy

Close – I’m 42cm wide at the body and 12cm deep. Do you think that would still fit

…or will I just have to buy a Bullitt? 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

Decent soft carry case and chuck it over yer shoulder I’ve done it loads of times.

nickdavies

Just put the big guitar in, that’s actually 13cm deep at the base, I measured depth at the neck before and it’s tapered. That’s a nice fit not straining the zips at all so I reckon you’d be fine.

leffeboy

or a bunch of bungies and a long rack? Not sure I would like the guitar being that exposed 🙁

(softbag looks like the best option if I can find a decent one that fits)

leffeboy

and thanks nickdavies – we have a winner. That looks a step up from what I had before so I’ll give it a shot. Just didn’t want to go for yet another crappy case that didn’t fit

they should just close the internets and leave STW up. All answers are here

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Carrying a guitar on a bike’ is closed to new replies.