Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carron Valley last night….. WOW!
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

Havent been to CV for ages, and couldnt believe how different some of the section are now they have been worked on. Fantastic job on the highest section and the "Big Step" section, very fast and nice flow, but the transformation on the runway part at the end is awesome. One of the fastest bits of singletrack Ive ridden in ages, or it may just be my winter road rides have made me forget what dry singletrack feels like!

yetidave
    Free Member

Did'nt do the top bit last time out as the weather was a little poor, but the last section is a blast, especially the bit which i would describe as a corckscrew….

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Yeah if you stay off the brakes there its a major rush 😀

kevin1911

I take it all the snow and slush is gone then?

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Didnt see one bit of snow, trails were dry with little puddles here and there but really good overall.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

just the right conditions – dry but not too dry to make it dusty and the puddles were small enough to hop over.

although the one small part of the runway with the sinking gravel almost caught me out on my first run down it 😀

rj
    Free Member

I was there last night too and was also mightily impressed. If they can push the improvements at the start of Eas Dubh out to the rest of it, it'll be awesome. The runway is fantastic fun – could do with a push up path for easy sessioning, though.

kevin1911

Don't think there's any more work planned at any point in the future. Wouldn't do any harm to keep the pressure on fcs though. They still don't want cv to be developed and i don't see that changing until there's a change in leadership or public pressure forces their hand. Ta for the conditions update. Will get up there tomorrow morning

bigG
    Free Member

I've not ridden it much in daylight over the last few months but the trail improvements certainly made it fun in the dark.

I'm not convinced i didn't prefer Eas Dubh prior to the trail "improvements". I might pop up with a trenching tool and rip some hard core out of the original line down it one evening in order to restore the thrill.

I do agree that the fun park is fast and fun now though,

G

dmiller
    Free Member

I'm not convinced i didn't prefer Eas Dubh prior to the trail "improvements". I might pop up with a trenching tool and rip some hard core out of the original line down it one evening in order to restore the thrill.

OK I don't like the improvements either but I hope your joking! 😯

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley last night….. WOW!’ is closed to new replies.