Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • carrera to CX
  • reubena
    Free Member

CX frame

CX forks

Will i be able to transfer all of this (except brakes)
    off my carrera tdf on to the frame/forks above and also a new cassette/chainrings – Reccomend me some! (the pic below issnt my road bike but is the same model/year)

will the wheels be strong engough?

thanks!

mtbcoach
    Free Member

Yes, in theory.

But in practice, you might be better in saving up for a bit longer and upgrading to a complete new CX bike.

At £184 for the frame and fork, you will need to factor in a new headset (£30) and bottom bracket (£30) and someone to fit them for you if you can’t do that yourself. Chainrings and a cassette could be anywhere from £20-£60. You’ll need the cost of new brakes, plus most likely new cables and housing too. Take into account that the chain and derailleurs on your current bike are probably a little worn anyway.

When you consider new tires and tubes for the cross bike, you’re already getting close to the £500 you’d need to buy an entry level cross bike.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Would you not just be better off buying the Carrera CX bike that Halfords currently stock? 299 pound from what I remember!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

That carrera CX looks great for the money … ill put it on my new job commuter list of bikes 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘carrera to CX’ is closed to new replies.