Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Carrera Fury | £529.99
  • redthunder
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

yes, yes i would.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Hell yes. Just sold mine (gone FS) and missing it a bit. Great fun bike that’s cheap enough you don’t have to worry about it.

ampthill

I bought 1 on Friday for my son. It was £550. Its ace in every way for the money, except the plastic used for the rebound abjuster, but already. Still works but not what it was….

sweepy
    Free Member

I know a bloke that just got one last week and its a bloody nice bike.

scraprider
    Free Member

got one , had it 4 months great bike, good spec for the money,

mboy
    Free Member

Excellent bike for the money. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that unless you went 2nd hand, you’re not going to get anything better for less!

Northwind

You’ll not find many informed opinions that’ll criticise it. People see Suntour on the fork and slag that but the Epicon’s a better performing fork than a Tora these days. Can’t speak for reliability of it to be fair but it’s a different beast from the usual cheap Suntours.

I really like the Fury, it’s a great package and stands out in a field of mostly 100mm XC bikes. Only really bad point is the crankset which is heavy and pretty nasty, but easily replaced and it’s a consumable after all. Also they downgraded to Juicys from the old Tektros.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Saw one in Halfords yesterday and I don’t need one, having got a 456c but I’m still tempted. As everyone has said there isn’t anything bar the crankset that’s duff and thats usable till it wears out.

flow
    Free Member

Couple more to think about;

Both well worth the extra over the Carrera IMO, no doubt someone will tell me I’m wrong

Although the review wasn’t to good for the Cannondale but that was mainly to do with the fork (which this one doesn’t have)

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b65s2p3425

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s2p2289

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

the cannondale has a nice drivetrain but at the end of the day when you buy a new bike your looking at getting the best frame, fork and brake combo imo,swapping out the shifters, mech and cranks later wont cost as much as if you wanted to go for a better set of forks etc

oreetmon
    Free Member

bought 1 last year, spent a week nailing it.

stripped it to build a carbon456, rides ace.

epicon is a really good fork so far, shame they dont do a 140mm

sold the frame for 70quid, rest of the kit is bargain for the price i paid

nuff said.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Nah, never again.
    I had one when they had Tora’s on the front. I had it for a year could never get it to ride how I wanted it to ride, broke the lock out on the fork so I sold it for £100.
    The times I nearly threw it in the hedge and walked away from it . . . .

robsoctane
    Free Member

I think that looks ace for the money vs spec. If that’s your budget, I honestly don’t think there’s any better out there. Go for it, hammer it & tell us all what you think. Good luck matey.

retro83
    Free Member

Looks fantastic, a bit like the RC303 frame. Good spec for the cash too.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My Dads got the old Tora equipped one, it was a bit of an impulse buy to upgrade an old GT, you can’t really fault the bike for the money. However if you buy double check the build before riding, I’ve heard of BBs being fitted badly etc… Hope you have fun on whatever you buy!

alanl
    Free Member

I bought a Carrera HT carbon framed bike for £850 iirc (may have been £900) at Christmas. I’d gone in to buy a Boardman HT, but spotted it in a corner, and was smitten.
    It is excellent. Bars, seat, tyres and other little bits are basic, but these get upgraded anyway over time. Excellent bike, and I’m really pleased with it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Carrera Fury | £529.99’ is closed to new replies.