Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Carradice saddle bags
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

I am looking at the SQR Slim and Tour as my lower back is knacking after carrying a normal rucsack. I like the tour as it has a pouch for tools. Does anyone have any opinion on theses bags???

Stoner
    Free Member

The carradice material is very strong and hardwearing. Also waterproof.

The SQR system is great too.

toured with them for 2 and a half months. Now commute with mine.

BigDummy
    Free Member

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1061/3353459600_19e86d30c6_m.jpg[/img]

I like them. Mine is a Longflap Camper for added retrogrouchness. It is so nice not to carry overnight loads on your back.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Wow best reply ever 😆 you have it on a Pompy (Which I will be mounting it on) so I can see how it sits.

STATO
    Free Member

Never used a SQR but I use a Barley with a bagman qr rack (or just the support if im using my brooks saddle). Great bag, even with the buckles its suppringly easy to access the insides while still being secure enough for a bit of offroad. I think they look nicer than the SQR ones too 🙄

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3362/3300671847_05af20e8c8_m.jpg[/img]

StirlingCrispin

Brilliant bits of kit!

Carra and Camper Longflap on the approach to Glen Artney. I'm just using the bag loops on my Brooks B17 saddle here, but have a SQR on my commuting bike.

On the way into the Gaick while on a four-day tour. Saddlebag secured here with toe-straps round the saddlerails, supported underneath by a seatpost rack and secured with a bungee cord.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Well I have my carradice tour. It has made my commute a lot more comfortable and quicker too!! Only problem I have with it though is fitting and removing the thing as it's quite a tight squeeze.

Stoner
    Free Member

clearance to the back tyre can be tight if you're a shortarse 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

I like to think of myself as gravitationally challenged 😆 Because I have rear guards on as well it's a bit of a 'mare. If the bags empty it's no bother, it's only an issue when I have stuff in it.

Stoner
    Free Member

slightly adjustig your saddle position (forward a bit) or using a different design saddle may help with the clearance.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

my dad's had his for about 20 years and ists till going strong – money well spent i'd say

monkeychild
    Free Member

I will have a fettle later as i do think my seat is a smidge too far back anyway (still finding the optimum riding position (almost there lol)
    I do think they are a brilliant idea though as the comfort of having nothing on my back is second to none. It was a bit odd at first when I got out the saddle to climb, as I forgot about the extra weight on the saddle and had a slight wobble incident 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Carradice saddle bags’ is closed to new replies.