• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by rs.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Carpet Burns from 661 Knee Pads.
  • greasystain
    Free Member

I have what I can only describe as carpet burns on my knees from my Kyle Strait knee pads. I’ve been wearing them for few years now with no sign of any problems. Went for a ride today and thought that I had a bit of grit in both pads as they started to feel a bit ‘sharp’. When I took them off I had rubbed the skin of both knees.

Now I know that it’s not exactly the worse ailment/injury in the forum and yes I should just MTFU!

However I’m curious as to why this has happened all of a sudden? Has anyone else experienced this?

toys19
    Free Member

Funny I got the same thing, I ignored it an my skin seems to have hardened up..

jam-bo

Wash them.

steveh

It happens to me sometimes, washing them is the first tip. I find it worst in hotter weather/when i’m sweating more.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Also I try and push both ends in a bit so that your knee caps don’t touch the inside of the pads esp if its wet?

Northwind

Definately wash them first if you haven’t already. But they do just wear out, of course, my old set is a bit rough on the knees now (but that does make the new ones feel lovely)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Been riding more than normal recently? My Dainese are fine most of the year but leave me with a raw patch inside my left knee after a holliday, chamois cream helps.

stumpyjon

My did the same suddenly after 18 months of no issues. They were washed regularly as well. Doesn’t happen every ride. I try and adjust them if they start rubbing now.

trailmonkey

washing them won’t solve it. it happens with kyle straits as they get older. just put a bit of assos cream on the rubby bit of your knee before you put them on.

greasystain
    Free Member

Hey guys thanks for the tips. The pads were clean(ish) but have they went back in the washing machine yesterday so perhaps that will help. I’m definately going to try some assos cream though.

Xylene
    Free Member

How do you wash pads properly?

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I had a problem with the back of my pads behind the knee chafing, making it a little sore after long rides.

Solved it by simply buying some tubigrip and now have zero problems with any chafing front or back.

Northwind

Quirrel – Member

“How do you wash pads properly?”

Washing machine. For kyle straits, 30 degrees, nonbio. Then drip dry.

bigdonx
    Free Member

Have had the rubbage thing on a few occasions with Kyle Straits – usually after lots of pedalling with saddle down a bit.

Sudo Cream (or however you spell it) is the way forward……

davy-g
    Free Member

I wear elasticated knee bandages on my knees…. this stops all chaffing from my knee/shin pads…

rs
    Free Member

I have what I can only describe as carpet burns on my knees from my Kyle Strait knee pads.

so did the wife actually buy that story then?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Carpet Burns from 661 Knee Pads.’ is closed to new replies.