Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Carnegie – flipped drops – anyone using them?
  • IanB
    Free Member

I have a flipped Mary bar on the 29er. Like the look of the Carnegies as they appear to offer more space for clamping lights etc to the bars, and are oversize. Anyone using them and/or able to compare with a Mary?

Thanks,

Ian

simon1975

Got them and love the leverage I get from the extra width over Mary’s. They’re not quite as swept but feel the same to me (probably due to the additional width). Not tried them flipped btw.

They probably will give you more space to clamp stuff on, but have you seen the oversize Mary bar in the flesh? It’s noticably different to the standard clamp version (not just fatter in the middle – On-one don’t picture it on their site). Might work for you?!

IanB
    Free Member

Thanks Simon. Hadn’t seen the oversize Mary’s, but unless they’ve changed the angle the bars take from the stem clamp, it’s probably not going to help me.
    Extra width on the carnegies sounds good, which would mean the back sweep might not need to be quite so much and I could run a shorter stem (currently 100mm). Hmm.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

YGM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Carnegie – flipped drops – anyone using them?’ is closed to new replies.