Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Carn Ban Mor
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone got a route online of this? (or Bruma Rd ofr other classics near Aviemore)

stevomcd
    Free Member

Wouldn't rush to do the Burma Road Al. Main descent is about 10ft wide and just a non-technical jumble of loose rocks (i.e. it's a fire-road). Fun to blast down with brain removed, but not very interesting really.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Not got a route for CBM but it's pretty obvious if you look at a map. Start at glenfeshie – we cycled along the left side of the river on some really narrow exposed singletrack – and then up the big LRT to the top of the hill – and then down the fun path 🙂

jimmy

We did it last week. If you ask Househusband nicely he should have a pretty picture of the route all GPS'd and overlaid on an OS map. But what stuart says is true. The trickiest bit is cutting across on a small grassy path on the top, but when I say 'tricky'…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

stevomcd – Member
    Wouldn't rush to do the Burma Road Al. Main descent is about 10ft wide and just a non-technical jumble of loose rocks (i.e. it's a fire-road). Fun to blast down with brain removed, but not very interesting really.

Al, this is the descent from the carin at the top of the Burmah Road. Turn back on yourself at the summit cairn. Its a great downhill. When you hit the fence by the burn at the bottom, follow the fenceline along cross another burn and pick up the zigzag LRT up to the mast. Once there climb up to your right, and up to the cairn, and you'll pick up a great downhill trail to Alvie. Ride via Kincraig and the cyclepath to the Inshriach Nursery for cake.

13thfloormonk

Is that the ex-SCU downhill track? Fun times!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Is that the ex-SCU downhill track? Fun times!

Thats the one 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers all – no doubt the route finding is not difficult but I don't have a map to look at and wanted to get started. I'll email HH.

stuartm555
    Free Member

If HH doesn't have one then email me and I can make you one – would only take a minute

aviemoron
    Free Member

All these routes are vastly overrated and not worth the drive up the A9.

missinglink
    Free Member

+1 aviemoron

coogan
    Free Member

🙄

Kit
    Free Member

Last weekend's Carn Ban Mor route with Jim, HH and Ian, including the extra loop we added on the western side of the River Feshie, which is well worth doing 🙂

Edit: In case it's not obvious, the Carn Ban Mor loop is anticlockwise, and once you cross the river, the western loop is ridden clockwise.

Stu_N

Ah – so this is where the printed instructions came from, Al!

Did you do CBM today? We did some stuff in Inshriach (including the loop Kit has marked up, and some stuff off Creag Dubh (basically a Kenny Wilson route plus a few fluffers).

(BTW no joy with pics yet – was a new camera with SD-HC card, card reader is only SD compatible. Will need to score a card reader before I can download them.)

cynic-al
    Free Member

We kind of slept in/waited for weather (well Steve did former) and ended up pwning Lagan instead. Didn't get rained on once.

Good weekend! Saved CBM for next time.

italspark
    Free Member

what a fantastic story, it really inspired me to get out of my comfort zone and go ride my bike in wild places, good job ….keep up the good work, i cant wait for the next installment. (oh yeah, got any pictures ?)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Carn Ban Mor’ is closed to new replies.