• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Caring for a leather chair ….. help needed :-)
  • letmetalktomark

Morning All,

A few months ago we bought a brown soft leather chair. The chair gets used quite a bit. I noticed last night that the leather looks to have dried a little/dehydrated.

There does not seem to be any cracks.

Do I need to treat it with something?

hora
    Free Member

Go to a Leather jacket shop – any downmarket one and buy a big tub of leather cream (fiver). I use that on my 2.5k sofa

unsponsored
    Free Member

Get some Meguirs leather treatment from Halfords.

GrahamS

We got a "leather care" kit with our couch which basically contains a cream that we rub in every 6 months or so to stop it drying out.

GrahamS

While we're on the subject: if anyone knows how to repair a cup mark on leather I'd be interested.

Mrs sat a cup on the couch. The bottom of it was sticky and sort of lifted the top layer of finish from the leather, leaving a lighter coloured ring.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Go to a Leather jacket shop – any downmarket one and buy a big tub of leather cream (fiver). I use that on my 2.5k sofa

I use baby wipes on my 7k sofa.

sobriety
    Free Member

Gliptone Liquid Leather is the shizz for keeping leather good, it even makes it smell new…mmmm….new leather…mmm

letmetalktomark

Cool.

Are the creams/treatments quite "light"?

The leather is a light brown and whilst I appreciate some darkening will happen I don't want to end up with a mottled chair 😆

Also bit silly this but ….. I take it once rubbed in the creams/treatments leave no residue? 😳

@ Unsponsored – was that a serious suggestion re the Meguirs stuff?

Drac

Same here we got a big box leather care kit with ours that can be used to clean and tender it. To be honest it hardly ever get used we wipe it with a damp cloth to clean it and can't remember the last time it had any of the other stuff on it. It still looks like new even with 2 kids and dogs abusing it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What's that natural product some females say is really good for their skin if splashed on their face?

It's free too.

alexxx
    Free Member

I use baby wipes on my 7k sofa.

I use the tears of seahorses on my 20k sofa

hora
    Free Member

It cost me £850 from House of Fraser as a one-off reduced due to a blemish 1 inch long on one of the cushions (blemish as in the hide darkened slightly). The point is I use CHEAP cream to protect my high quality sofa. Its been fine for over 4yrs.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I use Unicorn sweat on my £21K sofa

Gary_M
    Free Member

Baby seahorses I hope.

hora
    Free Member

TBH I use the fruit of my loins and ladies smeared genitalia to treat mine 8)

Drac

I use the milk from lactating mermaids.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I hope you still get the smell of natural leather

ourmaninthenorth

I use organic fresh air, humanely bottled on the tundra of Alaska by mute Native Americans.

I buy it from M&S.

jon1973
    Free Member

I use the tears of seahorses on my 20k sofa

😆 virgin seahorses?

hora
    Free Member

I walked into this one like an absented-minded fool into a lampost 🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Caring for a leather chair ….. help needed :-)’ is closed to new replies.