Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Cardiologists? Getting from fat to fit: risky?
  • toys19
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the input, and the positive encouragement with regards to my fitness. This thread is full of win 🙂

I don’t actually think I have any kind of heart issue but I’m going to book an appointment at the GP for a “well man” check up anyway.

philconsequence
    Free Member

good luck at the check-up, dont forget to wear your spongebob boxers as the doc will definitely be silently judging the state of your underwear.

:mrgreen:

and again, good work on the fitness and weight-loss!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Keep up the good work, ignore the idiots who try to put you off exercising.

Mine goes boom boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom
    Boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom-boom-boom,
    Oh!
    Boom boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom
    Well, goodness gracious me.

LOL that had me bobbing along at my desk, where did that come from?

ton

mine goes boom boom flutter flutter stop boom stop flutter flutter stop BOOM stop flutter.

any exercise and weight loss is good……keep on keeping on….. 8)

brassneck

For the first year of getting fit I trained for 24hr solos and completed a couple.

Well, your ambition gland seems to be working OK 🙂

FWIW OP, the doc gave me an ECG at the surgery last time I had any worries (stress related, and a bit of family history) then told me to sod off and stop wasting his time (in a nicer way) 🙂

rockitman

Brassneck – it was the bi-polar tendencies. I’m either 100% or not at all.

DrP

the simple message is reduce the crap you eat increase the good you eat dont eat after 8pm dont miss breakfast.
    excerise moderately excercise a.m. not late p.m.

Why does the time of day matter?

Have you not seen Gremlins….??!!

DrP

paulatmtbleasing
    Free Member

Irregular heartbeat:

It mostly depends on the location as to whether there is an issue or not.

If you have one, get someone professional to find out if it is atrial or venricular and the degree of severity.

Fit people can sometimes experience it when they don’t exercise for a while and it is all benign.

I believe that irregular heartbeats that occur on an ongoing basis when exercising can be an issue, but not necessarily. Again, get it assessed by a clinician.

Your bodily normally fires off some adrenilin if your heart starts skipping a few beats so you can normally just feel that it is happening.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Cardiologists? Getting from fat to fit: risky?’ is closed to new replies.