Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cardinham Woods
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just wondering if it was open yet, and what it is like?

Heading down to Cornwall soon and wondering if it is worth taking the bike.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Cardinham woods is open. The current route of blue is about 4 or 5 miles with 2 x sections of red. The trail flows well so a HT will be OK. We look to do 3 or 4 laps to get some miles in & a half day morning or afternoon ride.

The cafe is open & bring a few £’s for the car park £2 for 2 hours or £3 all day 8)

dantsw13

Yes, good, yes!!

I visited on my holiday last week. A loop is about an hour, with 2 extra red loops off the main blue loop. It’s good fun, but not overly technical. There is a nice cafe/play area for wives/kids too.

PrinceJohn

Yup all open – just got back, definitely slippery when wet… but immense fun.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Good, will take a look in a couple of weeks then. I have a day free so was looking to entertain myself whilst the Mrs goes free diving.

Cornwall is not looking like it offers a vast variety of mountain biking, but if I can find a wee bit that will do me (and I will probably take her there too later in the holiday.)

I am currently lacking a hardtail – only have the T129 available until funds come available to get another bike 🙁

geologist
    Free Member

Its excellent. The best blue in the uk in my opinion. Short but sweet 😉

orena45

Cornwall has lots of great riding…it’s just not obvious. Or strictly legal. 😉

dantsw13

Yep, I sampled a bit of that :-)) . Early morning ramblers surprisingly friendly considering where I was!!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Any suggestions of where else to try/routes would be most welcome then 😉

It will be interesting to ride somewhere that isn’t the Lakes for a change!

jekkyl

Brown willy (it’s a hill with a stupid name) appears to have a bridleway to the top (1400 ft)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Hills with Stupid Names… now there could be a project in that! I already have “Great Cockup Hill” under my belt 😉

orena45

Where abouts in Cornwall are you heading Capt. Kronos?

There isn’t a bridleway to the top of Brown Willy AFAIK, infact Bodmin Moor is pretty devoid of any bridleways. Only ridden once on Bodmin Moor (near Minions, with Crispy Bacon) and there are a few trails around there.

mduncombe
    Free Member

I enjoyed Cardinham, did the loop twice stopping at the cafe inbetween. Some of the switch backs are a little on the tight side. I got round them much better second time round on my Anthem 29er, was cursing them first time round. Fair amount of climbing for such a short loop. Lots of dog walkers in the car park but only came across them on the fire road linking sections (few and far between) when out on the trail.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m heading down there in a couple of weeks too and I’ll be taking a bike – can’t make my mind up if it’ll by the Anthem or the CX – and will defo be heading over to Cardinham for a day, via the Camel Trail from Padstow

jam-bo

Some of the switch backs are a little on the tight side.

some of them had me swearing on lap1, by lap3 had them nailed.

billyboulders
    Free Member

It’s a great little trail. Not the most technically demanding but it swoops along lovely in places, well worth a visit for a couple of laps if you’re down this way.

Some of the switch backs are a little on the tight side.

[quote] Anthem 29er[/quote]
    Fine Fun on my 26er 😉

mduncombe
    Free Member

Fun on my 26er

was fun on the Anthem 29, just took me a lap to adjust my technique, suggesting nothing wrong with the bike the problem was the rider 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Going to be around Newquay but have car, will travel 😉

Shall be there for a couple of weeks (well, that is the plan at the moment though subject to change!) so hoping to get out at least a couple of times.

Steve – if you fancy meeting up for a ride somewhere, or indeed if anyone else does, give me a shout! I have a free day on the 2nd September at the moment 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cardinham Woods’ is closed to new replies.