Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cardiff road riders
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

What is the nicest way from the end of the Taff Trail in the bay to join NCR 88 out to Llantwit Major – is there a nice way or is it just bashing along the A roads.

mattg73
    Free Member

Depends what you are after really. One I take regularly is across the barrage – Penarth – Sully – through Barry past the Council Offices / Millennium Way – up past Romilly Park – through Porthkerry Park and through Rhoose then picking up the B4265 near Aberthaw / St Athan.

Other option is Barrage – Dinas – St Andrews – Port Road – then either Porthkerry or up past the airport. Probably a bit busier that way.

Can’t think of any others….

Good luck

mattg73
    Free Member

There are also some very nice country lanes between the that run sort of parallel with the A48 through St Lythans, Duffryn, Llancarfan, Llantrithyd, Llanmaes. Accessed from the Culverhouse Cross / Wenvoe area. Worth a good explore of you have time.

dangodwin

Up the Taf trail to A48 bridge, cross the road at the crossing and head past Llandaf cathedral. Pwllmelin road thne pentrebane road to St Bride super Ely, Peterston super Ely, Bonvilston, a short bit of A48 and head towards Llantrithyd. Not direct but lovely riding.

taxi25
    Free Member

Dangodwin’s route is the one I’d go for, he must have read my mind 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cardiff road riders’ is closed to new replies.