Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • carbonrepair.com, anyone used them?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Just noticed a small hairline crack on my seat tube where it appears i’ve over-tightened my front mech, i was going to change my frame for next year but possibly worth a repair and sell-on, what do you think?

I also have a seat post with a ‘pinch’ i’d like to keep too.

Has anyone used carbonrepair.com or heard any good/bad things about them?

Thanks in advance.

JB

kilo

No idea about them but i know people who have used these;

http://www.noblemarine.co.uk/repairers/name/HQ-Fibre-Products/

very well thought of timetrial forum (lots of carbon shizzle on that site)as well.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’d be wary of secondhand carbon and even more wary of repaired second hand carbon.

So its probably not worth getting it repaired if you’re just going to sell it on?

thepodge
    Free Member

conversely, I’d happily buy repaired carbon

epo-aholic
    Free Member

I’d be wary of secondhand carbon and even more wary of repaired second hand carbon.

So its probably not worth getting it repaired if you’re just going to sell it on?

LBS even thought it should be okay as it is, if it would cost under £50 then it would be a worthwhile fix.

conversely, I’d happily buy repaired carbon

Apparently repaired frames as as good a new according to the blub so you’d be right Podge.

compositepro
    Free Member

Conversely for £150 quid a repair which some muggles charge there’s a booming industry out there for someone.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve had carbon repaired before for £40 a repair (can’t remember who by, sorry, but they were in Portsmouth)- different final weave looks odd but run your finger over it and it’s like there’s nothing there. Total faith in it. Similarly I sold the frame and had no trouble doing so.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘carbonrepair.com, anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.