Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carbon vs Titanium Seatposts for additional comfort … Which one?
  • letmetalktomark

Since building up my Fortitude it has been my most ridden bike.

Quite simply I love it 🙂

As such I spend anything from 45m to a several hours riding it.

Fit wise is good and in general comfort is good too.

That said with the bolted Alfine out back it can be ever so slightly harsh.

So I’m contemplating a Ti or carbon post for a bit of extra flex.

I’ve looked at the Cannondale carbon post that is designed to flex a fair bit and also the Van nic Ti post.

Both are about the same cost.

Any thoughts/recommendations etc

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I had a carbon in-line post on my scandal (Carbon Cycles) for a couple of years but changed to Ti (also from CC) a year ago because I didn’t like shifting a carbon post up and down.

I can’t really tell the difference in feel, whereas I easily noticed a difference when I initially moved from Alu to carbon.

Probably doesn’t help you much?

adsh
    Free Member

USE sumo ti for me in 27.2. Add a Fizik Gobi Kium fitted at the limit of the front of it’s rails, a ti frame and 2.25s and it’s supremely comfy. Which contributes most/at all I don’t know.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Thudbuster

jonnyrockymountain

USE sumo 27.2 here as well in a Ti frame, lovly and comfy

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ti isn’t damped so can have a ‘springy’ feel, which dpending on weight/seatpost/length/pedaling can lead to a bit of a rowing boat feeling. Whereas the resin in the carbon post absorbs the energy, so it’ll give but not bounce back with all the energy. On that basis I went carbon (Canyon VCLS which has even more damping than a normal carbon post).

maxtorque

Look for a flexi saddle, the post won’t make any different!

(Hint, think how stiff the post must be vertically to support at least 100kg, and how that effects it’s stiffness and natural frequency!)

stuey
    Free Member

27.2mm EC70 layback – comfiest/flexi post I’ve owned.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carbon vs Titanium Seatposts for additional comfort … Which one?’ is closed to new replies.