Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Carbon Soled Shoes
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I recently purchased some shoes with a carbon sole. I was careful when fitting the cleats and nipped them up nice and tight but not to hard. I thought the cleats would then bed in before I nipped them up again.

Last Wednesday night I noticed that the inside of my shoe was catching my crankarm which I thought was strange. Again, on todays ride it was happening again as well as me knocking my heel on the swingarm.

So I stopped and checked the pedal and then my shoe. The cleat had come loose and its movement has badly marked/idented my sole. I nipped it up again a lot tighter but once the ride had finished I noticed the cleat had slightly moved again.

Is there anything I can put on the sole as a foundation for the cleat and to fill the mark/ident created by the movement? Is there anything I can do from stopping this in the future?

Phatman
    Free Member

A wee splash of locktite never did any harm…

gingerflash

I just use grease on the bolts and do them up nice and tight. I’ve never had them move on several pairs of shimano carbon-soled shoes.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Thanks fellas. I greased the bolts the last time so I may use a drop of loctite this time round. Just concerned that the cleat will try and revert back to position where it slid and dug itself into.

thefallguy
    Free Member

crank bros do some shims that fit under the cleat, as eggbeaters are hard on shoes, so they would probably work for you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Soled Shoes’ is closed to new replies.