Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Carbon seatpost greasing
  • malchales
    Free Member

Hi all, i`ve just spent my hard earned money on a easton carbon seatpost. Do i grease the post like the alloy ones ? I dont want to ruin it do i !!!

sslowpace
    Free Member

Don't use normal grease, it could cause the carbon to expand and get stuck in the frame. Insert 'dry' or get some carbon specific stuff.

trailmonkey

talcum powder

Onzadog
    Free Member

carbon assembly paste is what you want. Also helps it "grip" so your don't need monster torque to hold it in place

juan
    Free Member

what onza said. Grease as some micro balls inside to prevent the seatpost from slipping.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, Tacx Dynamic Paste or sommat, or Finish Line Fibre Grip are both excellent, do not use normal grease, and actually until a year or so ago the assembly pastes didn't exist, so one just put seatposts in dry, I never had any problems!

Coleman
    Free Member

I have used Finih line fibre grip but is very gritty and marks the carbon finish. Previously I just used talcum powder and to be honest works just as well and doesn't damage the finish.

Ben_Haworth

I never knew about the talcum powder thing. Interesting. I love the smell of talc 🙂

glenh
    Free Member

I love the smell of talc

Mmmm, my seat post smells like granny used to….

tinsy
    Free Member

I used normal grease no problem… wont talc go manky if water gets in there?

wwaswas

"wont talc go manky if water gets in there?"

well, that explains why my gran smelt funny.

Dobbo

😆

mefty
    Free Member

LBS recommended Talc and that's what I use on both Aluminium frame/Carbon post and Carbon/Carbon without issue.

Coleman
    Free Member

Even Specialized say you can use talc to increase friction between carbon surfaces. Less than a quid a tub, lasts ages, smells good and is good for tyres and tubes as well.

malchales
    Free Member

thanks for that i`ll be using er in doors talk then!! wont it fall straight off………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Carbon seatpost greasing’ is closed to new replies.