Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carbon Rigid Forks – front wheel keeps working loose.
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m beginning to think I’m too rad for them. Out riding today in the local country park and the front wheel came loose twice, on one occasion whilst riding down some long steps. I’m assuming it’s the Hope quick release coming undone.
    Is there a better quick release or alternative? I need to be able to undo the wheel reasonably easily tho, to put in the car.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I think hope are prone to coming loose. Get a shimano one they aint flash but do the job.

13thfloormonk

I think Hope QRs are (or were at least) famous for coming undone, I’ve seen it happen to my friend as well. I think the design makes it far less easy to achieve the clamping force you need to keep it closed.

The simplest solution in my mind would be to buy a basic Shimano Deore quick release, the clamping mechanism is much stronger and far less prone to coming loose.

Edit: d’oh, beaten to it!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Hope QR came undone on me loads of times – Shimano XT – the Shimano cam mechanism is one of the best mechanisms.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Ah right!, Are Mavic ones considered good? they’ll match my colour scheme, see.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If they don’t come undone they are OK, but Shimano are probably the best option.

plus-one

Hope ones are good but once a bit of grime/grit get in it feels tight when cranked over but it’s not… Clean and regrease needed 🙂

Or buy shimano 🙂

Northwind

It’s the quick release, they’ve always been shit. Shimano (or copy) if you want quick release.

I like my Halo hex skewers though, never had one loosen when it wasn’t entirely my fault for not tightening it right, they’re cheap, and they weigh nowt.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Rigid Forks – front wheel keeps working loose.’ is closed to new replies.