Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Carbon MTB Rims: Is it worth it?
  • mattyfez

Onzadog.. Yeh mine are 27mm internal, 33mm external, so the hookless bead is 3mm each side… They do thicker though I’m sure.. Best bet is to enquire direct as they seem to be pretty clued up as they ask your weight and riding style etc.

ChrisE
    Free Member

I ride with carbon wheels. Not cheap Chinese ones, these are Enve proper XC ones. I wouldn’t have chosen them at £1800 a pair, they just came with the bike and what a great thing they are. I’ve always had Crossmax SLs before, not exactly cheap wheels, but these feel so much better, faster and more precise.

C

mattyfez

Proper enve ones.. Lol.. I presume you buy nerofen at £4 per pack rather than generic ibuprofen for £0.30 a pack too!

andyl
    Free Member

re salts:

Also you don’t need to be actually touching provided there is an electrolyte or other conductive medium to do that for you

“salty/dirty water” was just given an example of things that can bridge and complete the circuit so to speak and people often leave things covered in mud and road grime for ages and are then surprised find when they eventually clean them they are corroded to crap underneath.

keep things clean, dry, lubed and protected and your stuff will be in much better condition for it.

mattyfez

Or just choose less reactive metal for nipples..

Tracey

All ours, bar the new Rovals on Abigales Enduro, have been built with or rebuilt with brass nipples by 18 Bikes.
    Dropped some more LBs off their last night for a build. They have done a first class job on each set.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Carbon MTB Rims: Is it worth it?’ is closed to new replies.