Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Carbon frame and Gravity Dropper – it's bimbo question time!
  • cinnamon_girl

I’m thick skinned so feel free to point and laugh. 🙄

My carbon seat post says it should not be raised and lowered regularly.

Wondering whether a Gravity Dropper with a carbon frame is OK?

Thank you so much. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

yes

RealMan
    Free Member

Well its not actually rubbing against the carbon is it, and you don’t have to constantly decrease and increase the clamping force on the carbon either, so I’d think it would be fine..

TheFlyingOx

Just raise and lower it less often?

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies. 🙂

Been thinking about a GD for a while, it may well help my descending. Always have fixed bolts as seat post clamps, apart from the plastic one.

Andy

Will be fine. I’d recommend a GD with remote.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Andy. 🙂

Northwind

Will be fine. And really nice too. I just built a rigid forked bike out of a cheapo Carrera and a load of bits, I’ll happily go without suspension but it’s harder to go without a dropper post now :mrgreen: They are ace.

druidh
    Free Member

Suspension can be quite handy for taking the shock when you hit water bars though, eh?

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got an integrated seat post on a carbon frame. Never lowered that and it seems fine…

Northwind

druidh – Member

“Suspension can be quite handy for taking the shock when you hit water bars though, eh?”

Believe it or not it wasn’t the bar that got me, I hammered the back wheel off the waterbar though and it was fine, but cut the front open straight after. Irony. I get blase about whacking rocks with tubeless but I guess I found a sharp one this time. Ah well. I am still generally in favour with the puncture fairies.

toons
    Free Member

Sorry to Spam; but I’m currently flogging a Gravity Dropper descender 😉

dreednya

Got a GD on my Ibis Mojo – works together brilliantly :o)

dreednya

Here you go 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Carbon frame and Gravity Dropper – it's bimbo question time!’ is closed to new replies.