• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carbon forks?
  • haddock
    Free Member

Used to ride A Courier comp and an old Gary Fisher with steel forks back in the day, seem to remember it being pretty harsh though. So do Carbon forks offer much of marked improvement? Thinking lightweight Ti hardtail here.

dobo
    Free Member

i have some genisis io steel forks which are stiff and brutal, swapped them out for some exotic carbons and they do seem to dampen down the shocks/vibrations.

thomthumb
    Free Member

a smaller amount than people will have you believe. they do take the edge off though.

jonb
    Free Member

No idea about mountain bikes but it makes a massive difference on my road bike.

dobo
    Free Member

yea what thom said, i also have some steel pipedream forks which are slightly more forgiving than than the genesis forks
    if your a bit of a pansy and your hands/arms ache after 10 mins its going to do the same with the carbons.

can ride mine all day, i prefer them in the winter as they are lighter, more forgiving on softer ground, maintenance free and have greater mud clearence than my sids.

Sam

Depends on the forks. I've ridden carbon forks which are quite stiff, and steel forks which are very forgiving. Pretty hard to make a blanket statement like 'carbon is flexible/forgiving/comfortable'.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carbon forks?’ is closed to new replies.