Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Carbon bars and lock ons???
  • 4ags4
    Free Member

Is it wise to use lock on grips with a set of carbon risers??
    any body had any probs with scoring the bar surface?

aP
    Free Member

Used them together since 2004.
    Still using them together.
    It is worth chaecking and cleaning the inside of the grip before installing them though.

TinMan
    Free Member

Safe to use as long as ODI style clamps, and NOT other brands which use a grub screw that screws directly against the carbon damaging it.

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

ODI Style – Fine here.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I hope it’s okay, I’ve got two bikes set up that way!

coatesy
    Free Member

Be careful if they’re CNT type, just had a set back that were crushed at the inner end of the grip.

zaskar
    Free Member

What Tinman said.

Odi tighten around the bars while others dig into bars via grub screw-like systems.

4ags4
    Free Member

yep, the bars i’m thinking of are a set of CNT Eastons.

CountZero

What TinMan sez. My lock-ons are six years old on bars of the same age, on two bikes. The Trek ones are good as well. Any that use pointy screws must be avoided at all costs.

Filthy
    Free Member

oops…

so it wasn’t a good idea to stick my stw bar end caps on my easton cnt’s, actually I did think about it at the time and was careful not to over tighten them

sq225917
    Free Member

sunlines are ok too.

Guilliano
    Free Member

No probs with the Bontrager lock ons I bought at the weekend. As long as the bolt tightens a clamp in the same way as a seat post clamp and doesn’t screw directly inwards you’ll be fine with them

knott4me
    Free Member

most carbon bars are reinforced these days at the ends & middle .

Count
    Free Member

lock-ons and carbon for all mine, I’m pretty sure any grip that uses a grub screw should be avoided anyway, it’s a pants way to tighten the grip.

I’m never bothered about damage under the grips, it seems to me that I rarely look under my grips when I’m riding anyway.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Carbon bars and lock ons???’ is closed to new replies.