Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Carbon 456, should I ?
  • Nibsy
    Free Member

Ok so I’ve just picked up a set of 2011 Revelation RLT Ti, have a set of wheels and Avid Elixirs sat around along with probably all I need to build up a bike other than frame. So should I grab one of the On One 456 Carbon frames for £299 to build up a nice lightish but trail hardtail or will I suffer from chainsuck and die a terrible death? Any other reasonable options around offering a similar ride/style? I know some people think they’re fugly but I quite like the look.

lucien

Do it, do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it,do it, do it, do it

jonke
    Free Member

yes.

foureyes
    Free Member

yes its ace. ive got a red and black gloss one and love the looks despite nearly barfing out my nose the first time i saw a pic of one. definately better in real life. very very fast, and a lot of fun. chainsuck – assume that’s a joke from the old steel 456 misunderstanding days? i have ‘dropped’ the chain, on the first ride, before id fitted an inner tube on the chainstay, and can confirm the gloss finish does chip!

running 150 revs on it and about to try some talas 36. it really encourages daft riding and sometimes the revs feel a bit limp on that bike, or at least the way the bike makes you ride, forces you to think a lot about what you’re doing to the fork!. am expecting the talas 36 to be just too long and heavy though.

Nibsy
    Free Member

Hmmm, got a set of 36 Talas on another bike I could always try if I thought the revs weren’t enough.

Northwind

You’re unlikely to significantly regret it. Or think Revelations aren’t enough for that matter, especially for a “lightish but trail hardtail”- ideal match for the frame really.

The frames aren’t perfect but they’re very good.

igm

Lucien x10

You might regret it, but at that price…

PS I didn’t (Revs & 456C)

chakaping
    Free Member

Rev and c456 here too. match made in heaven. put a 36 on it but it felt all wrong. get one

foureyes
    Free Member

Oh, and don’t go poking a finger inside the Seat tube when it arrives. “oh yeah feel the smoothness” ARGH! A giant splinter of carbonium in my finger from the seat clamp cut out. Luckily it came out in one go it was a massive long thing.

jambon
    Free Member

No regrets here. Running Wotans, ‘coz they’re skill.

The only problem I had was the rivets holding the Front Mech cable were proud in side the seat tube – nice new Twelfty Seat-post scratched to buggery now – had to make a tool to mash the ends of the rivets off.

Haven’t heard anyone else having this problem.

Ugly as sin bit who cares when you’re on it.

The angles are just right. If you’re tall, get an in-line post.

Sizing is weird. AS far as I can tell the 16″, 18″ and 20″ are all designed to fit someone about 5′ 11″. I’m 6′ 1/2″ on a 20″ – wish I could have had an 18″ as it’s kinda gate-like but I needed the length.

rob75
    Free Member

I’ve got one and only recently (this week) finished building it up, also with 150 Revs on it. Need to get out and ride the damn thing properly now though.

I bought it because I wasn’t enojoying my full suss and at £299 its cheap enough to see if its any good.

Mine is a 16″ frame and I’m 5’9″, it feels spot on to me. I also think it looks lovely, maybe I have poor taste :mrgreen:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456, should I ?’ is closed to new replies.