Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Carbon 456 – perfect 'one bike' solution?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Have been trying not to get too excited about the launch of On One's carbon 456 over the last few months, but struggling a bit…

I've presently got a recent 456 plus an Anthem X – would a carbon 456 work as a replacement for them both? I have some 100 – 130 Revs that could go on it, and plenty of nice bits off them both – would it work, or would I miss the steel frame and the full susser?

I got the feeling that a few people replaced full sussers with the Ti 456 – will the carbon one do that too…? I used to ride a Stiffee that I loved – but couldn't keep up with the other guys on their 120mm bikes. I mainly ride from the door (so a bit of road to start with) and then into the Peak District. There's also a few trail centre trips and some bigger days out over Edale way from time to time.

Thanks for your thoughts! 🙂

nickc

I got rid of a Hummer, a Helius FR and an Inbred for a Chameleon, it's pretty much the perfect one bike solution…Or so I thought…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

…you're not tempted too, are you nick? 🙂 I'd have thought the Hummer would have come pretty close, too, but can understand the Chameleon being almost there, too. I just don't know if I'll want the full suss (middle aged comfort / skill substitute) sometimes, but I love the way the 456 handles and the whole simplicity of a hardtail thing too. I'd have a Ti456 if I could afford it, I think, but beefy carbon's got to be pretty cool hasn't it?

nickc

It was the old style Hummer and I wanted longer forks than it could handle, and TBH in the shit weather it sucked like a five dollar whore. The Cham has a bad press, it's not nearly as harsh as folk make out, but yeah I reckon the carbon 456 could be "the one". Dunno, I'm getting an itchy credit card finger, maybe I should just walk away, I don't need one, y'know?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 – perfect 'one bike' solution?’ is closed to new replies.