Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Carbon 29er, made in Surrey
  • shedfull
    Free Member

Wyndy Milla are up the road from me near Godalming, in Surrey. They’ve made high-end, tailored road bikes until now and seem to have a fairly loyal following. They’ve dropped a sneak preview of their new MTB frame on their Facebook page today.

Imagine, a carbon bolt-through 29er, made in Surrey.

MSP

How can it be “award winning” when they haven’t even painted the first one yet?

wwaswas

I can’t find any info on their website as to how they actually make the frames – do you have a link or anything?

Given the geometry variations they offer I assume they must be bonded tubes rather than moulded frames but not sure?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

MSP +1?

shedfull
    Free Member

Just the “sneak preview” on their Facebook page for now.

Maybe it’s won it’s CEN test award? 😀

brant
    Free Member

Not made in Surrey.

convert

The bikes are hand built and wrapped by Diego and his wife Romina just outside Venice, Italy. When Henry first met Diego he asked “How much for full custom geometries?” “No premium”, Diego casually shrugged!

Luigi and his team, in the foothills of the Italian Alps, then paint the bikes as only the Italians know how! WyndyMilla then build up the bikes in the Surrey Hills to whatever specification you want.

I suppose they could have been build and sold and won something in another guise in another country but as it stands it is an odd claim.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Is Surrey a town in China?

brant
    Free Member

Not made in China.

brant
    Free Member

Oh, and yes, it’s an absolutely gorgeous frame, that I am/was planning to do a version of for Titus. Probably.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh god no. FFS DON’T PAINT IT!

shedfull
    Free Member

Not made in Surrey.

You know what I mean! 🙂 I’ve proudly owned three On Ones and a Titus because they’re “British”, knowing full well that the first they’ve seen of the UK is when I opened the box at home.

Could’ve won an award at a bike show, I suppose. I’ve emailed them, asking for more info. I’ll post it when I get it.

alex222
    Free Member

more importantly who is the brown haired woman in the pictures on their website? No woman who look like that cycle round south yorkshire. sorry for any misogynous overtones.

convert

There are some advantages to living in the south. Godalming is very ra ra – they all look like that round there but somehow baloon into pearl wearing monsters in middle age.

alex222
    Free Member

its all the champers and caviar no doubt. I imagine that the lovelies are also a bit horsey. lol

tang
    Free Member

My friend races on their road frames, Magnus Backstedt is the team manager rates them enough for the team this season . They are fantastic frames and Ive had a fondle of the team bike with reynolds wheels and full di2, yum.

MSP

It does look like a nice frame in the raw, and I think the bolt through rear end does make sense, I hope they don’t make a mess of it with the paint job.

Ladders
    Free Member

You can customise the paint job though, so it doesnt have to be bright pink!

allthepies
    Free Member

BB cable routing on that 29er ?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 29er, made in Surrey’ is closed to new replies.