Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • caravan parts.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Can you buy “standard” componants for caravans.

I need a door, a couple of windows , vents and a roof light for a project im designing.

now one option obviously is to get a caravan and break it for bits – messy and the stuff thats cheap enough to break tends to be knackered.

Or find a scrappys with a caravan i can pilfer . again same issue.

Has anyone got any resources where i might find these itemson their own to buy (although i cant see there would be much market for them)

wwaswas

These guys have most stuff;

http://www.caravanbreakers.net/index.php/9

Make sure you get a door and frame, not just the door.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah – thats awesome Wwaswas….. bit pricy but good to know there are options. how ever at their prices it might still be a better option to buy a rotter and strip it…..

yeah i hear you on the frame -i can build a door but the lengths im going to for keeping the rest of it insulated – building a reliable sealed door is beyond me.

time for Post it notes ahoy

alanf
    Free Member

There’s a place in Grimsby that sells this sort of thing – a mate did a camper build and sourced most of the parts from there.

These guys:
    Caravan spares

ThePinkster

Probably a daft suggestion but have you considered contacting a manufacturer, or main dealer?

Our local place seems to be able to get hold of most bits, even for vans long out of production, for servicing purposes. don’t know if they can supply just the parts though.

Chandlers might be worth checking out for thins like roof lights as well.

bruneep

It project gypo on then?

trail_rat
    Free Member

thought id join in with my neighbours.

preliminary sketches and costings bruce .

its all in the planning.

it takes hard work.

In one corner of my mood room is the

inthe other is

and what im likely to end up with after budget cuts

Pinkster – the cost of new is deffo off the scale of this project. a new caravan door and frame seems to be in the region of 800 quid. the **** house door be cheaper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘caravan parts.’ is closed to new replies.