Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Caravan holiday in Wales (close to good mtb trails)?
  • robidoo
    Free Member

As per title thinking of a weeks summer holiday in wales.
    Good for kids (age 12/7)
    Plenty to do, pool etc.
    Close to some good trails would be ace too.
    What's out there?

genesis
    Free Member

How about the Pwllheli or Aberystwyth areas? Loads of good beaches and trails, mountains and plenty of visitors attractions.

MoreCashThanDash

Some friends recommended a site near Tywyn (sp?) that they had been to – handy for the Mach trails and CYB, beach, steam railways, alternative energy centre, great area for kids – we are going back there next year

chakaping
    Free Member

I can recommend Greenacres near Porthmadog for the standard of the site, the stunning scenery, the excellent beach and being close enough to lots of nice riding.

Been three times now I think, but just used it as a base for biking so never even looked for the pool I'm afraid.

genesis
    Free Member

Being from North Wales I would recommend staying anywhere west of Abergele/Towyn, for reasons that might incur an stw ban if I mention why.

robidoo
    Free Member

Thanks folks keep em coming links would be cool too, as I have never been to Wales before.

Cheers Rob.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

hmmm i'd avoid pembs- very little biking down there but loads for the kids.

maybe somewhere near carmarthen, – stones throw from brechfa for riding not far from coast- laugharne pendine etc and not too long a drive from places for the kids like oakwood/folly farm etc.

otherwise Nw wales and mid wales coast are a good bet.

thefirstpancake
    Free Member

I can recommend graig wen – not a cheap camp site but friendly, well run, and a really beautiful spot. Close to CyB; Machynlleth, Marin Trail and Penmachno all within reach as well as some great wild riding (Pont Scethin / Cadair Idris) and a flat cycle path along the mawddach estuary that can get you places and is great for kids. We liked it so much we have moved to the area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Caravan holiday in Wales (close to good mtb trails)?’ is closed to new replies.