Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Caravan gas problem
  • ssboggy

I’m away in the caravan at the moment and all the gas appliances have stopped working, there is plenty of gas in both cylinders and the shut off valves are open, am I right in thinking the only possible cause can be a faulty regulator?
    For info the van is 3 years old and everything worked fine just over a month ago.
    I have got a gas bbq and microwave so we won’t starve 🙂

wwaswas

If it’s all of the appliances then it’s got to be fairly early in the journey from the bottles. There are usually isolation valves for each appliance at one point where the supply splits for each appliance – those are open aren’t they?

nbt

Sometimes the hob cover has a safety switch, if the cover isn’t fully open then the gas won’t light – the oven should still light though, and maybe the grill (but maybe not).

If the regulator is faulty, then the external BBQ point won’t work either as that’s after the regulator

wwaswas

does the fridge, heating or water heater run on gas?

Junkyard
    Free Member

it would be my assumption because any other leak would be of such a magnitude you would hear it never mind smell it so no supply is the most likely cause

ssboggy

The bbq is totally separate outside with its own bottle, the hob did have a very small amount of gas come through but now won’t light neither will the oven or grill which are separate to the hob.
    Also no safety on the hob cover.
    Will try water heater
    @ Junkyard that was my thinking as gas doesn’t appear to be getting to any of the appliances

jp-t853

The Truma regulators get clogged up with residue and stop gas getting through to the appliances. Truma seem to blame the Calor and Calor seem to blame Truma.

Gaslow and other regulators don’t have this problem but some people believe the problem passes on to the appliances instead, if this is the case it seems to take a lot longer and the debris can be blown through with a compressor.

If you can get a non Truma regulator whilst away it should fix the problem but they are screwed on very tightly in the factory

Gary_M
    Free Member

Have you turned the gas on at the bottle 🙂

Does the water heater run on electric too or just gas, if its both you’ll need to turn it to run on gas only to test.

Or fridge is the easy option if you have the choice of running on gas.

ssboggy

Definitely nothing working on gas, looks like a trip to the local dealer for a new regulator.
    Yes I did check I turned the valve on at the bottle 😀
    Cheers for all the help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Caravan gas problem’ is closed to new replies.