Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car windscreen sealant…
  • smashit
    Free Member

I’m getting the common Peugeot problem of the wet passenger footwell and I’m pretty sure its because the bottom windscreen seal isn’t sitting flush against the glass on that side.

Thinking of popping into B&Q and picking up some sealant as a cheap fix, any recommendations or things I should be looking for?

Cheers!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There was a Nissan Not-A-Berlingo for sale on the classifides the other day, i was tempted so googled it, apparently it has to be the correct sealent otherwise it degrades the glue itself. Can’t remember what it was though.

z1ppy

Dunno, have you thought of approaching your local autoglass (or alternative) fitter to see how much it would cost to have it removed and re-fitted properly. Might only be £20(ish).. and then you know the issue is resolved, rather than a bodge that may or may not work.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you have checked its not just the scuttle filled with leaves and other junk making water come in the blower intake which is right over the passengers footwell.

posiwev
    Free Member

You want Indasa Polyurethane Sealant (or similar)it’s specifically for screens but will fix anything to anything, should be able to get from a car paint suppliers etc around a tenner.
    Don’t get in on your hands though…!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car windscreen sealant…’ is closed to new replies.