Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Car tyre Nirvana has been found!
  • SaxonRider

Mrs SR gets frustrated with me for always wanting to have two sets of tyres for every car we buy, but it appears as if we may no longer need to.

Michelin appears to have developed the most amazing tyre I have ever seen.

What’s more, the reviews seem to substantiate their claims.

I know it’s incredibly nerdy of me, but I’m quite excited to get a set and try them out. 😳

rockhopper70

We had some of these fitted on the family touran in October.
    Perversely, I’m hoping for some snow to see how they fair. Although Mrs rock ain’t so keen.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Big thread on PH about Winter tyres and these came out well – far better than “Honest John” though 😆
    He’s been proven to be dangerous in the “advice” he’s given over time!
    Might see how mush they are soon as the A3 will need a set of tyres once the Caddy sells.

km79
    Free Member

I was interested in a set of these so asked at my local place. I was told that when replacing them they had to replace them all at the same time. So if one or two tyres were worn you’d have to pay for all four new ones but the dealer would ‘buy back’ what was left of your old tyres.

Sounded stupidly complicated so I never followed up.

Nico
    Free Member

Mrs SR gets frustrated with me for always wanting to have two sets of tyres for every car we buy, but it appears as if we may no longer need to.

Are you sure you ever needed to?

munrobiker
    Free Member

There’s a good review that’ll let you weigh them up here-

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/17033/should-you-fit-winter-tyres-to-your-car/page/0/2

Sadly they won’t fit our cars otherwise I’d go for them. Not so hot on snowy braking as a winter or all season tyre but as good as a winter in the wet (which you’re more likely to be in) and much better in the dry.

SaxonRider

Are you sure you ever needed to?

Don’t get me started.

The answer, in short, is yes.

richmtb

Bin Dun

In summary, OK in snow, good enough to get you around, far better than a summer tyre but not as good as a full winter.

Excellent in the wet – traction is amazing, almost no wheelspin in 1st or 2nd gear (250 bhp FWD hatch!)

Not really any idea about them in the dry we’ve not really had any dry roads since I changed them.

To be honest given the prevailing conditions on these isles I’d recommend them just for their wet weather performance.

Tiger6791

I just leave the same tyres on all year round. I reckon the tyres I’ve got are good in summer and winter

andyl
    Free Member

Been eyeing these up in Costco as well as the Latitude Cross for the freelander.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Seem to only be available in child sizes unless I’m missing something?

Unless you live on some remote mountain in Scotland or do frequent Alps trips I’m not sure I really see the point.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ah, the Collgate Total of tyres, I give it 2 years before they drop the “CrossClimate Winter” tyre on an unsuspecting market.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems ideal to me. Sometimes you get caught out by snow when you’re away, sometimes you are up in the hills and there’s slushy crap, sometimes mud on winter lanes, sometimes icy bits – winter tyres help. This seems like a great soultion – compromise on snow seems worth it.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Not available on 18inch rims… grrrrrr…..

stumpy01

Considered getting these for my Wife’s car that needs 4 new tyres. But, they don’t do them in the right size…..

FuzzyWuzzy

Wouldn’t mind a bit of snow to test out my CrossClimates either but for where I live in the UK snow’s a rare commodity these days so it was mostly the good wet-weather performance and OK economy that swung it for me.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Have a full set on the V70 and tried them out in last week’s limited snow in Central Scotland with no issues.
    Have been a good tyre so far with no major dramas to report.

wombat

I’ve just recently got a set on my Skoda Superb.

Done about 1.5k miles on them so far. They’re very quiet, almost disconcertingly so.

They grip very well, no wheel spin pulling away from the lights on wet and greasy roads. Seem to grip very well in mud. Very smooth round corners on tarmac.

I’m doing around 18-20k miles a year so would expect to get a year’s motoring out of a set of fronts, time (and miles) will tell how well they wear in the longer term.

I did need all 4 tyres replacing anyway so putting a full set on wasn’t an issue, they cost IIRC £7 more per tyre than a mid-range summer tyre. Well worth every penny IMO

benp1

Good bit of product development that

I’d need them in run flat flavour though. The spare wheel well in my boot is a handy storage space!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Seem to only be available in child sizes unless I’m missing something?

Indeed. Limited amount of low profiles available too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Car tyre Nirvana has been found!’ is closed to new replies.