Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Car tax, ins & MOT checking website ?
  • scaredypants

There was a schoolkid and his dad on the radio yesterday talking about some service they operate, selling “tax discs” with reminder dates for MOT, tax & insurance.

The dad said that punters don’t have to give anything other than their registration, as Tarquin looks up the info online

Where can you I do that ?

thegreatape
    Free Member

DVLA

jam-bo
    scaredypants

Thanks tga

Sorry, question was poor

I know where to find tax/MOT but implication was that he could do ins too – all from “a website”

thegreatape
    Free Member

Apologies – MIB (motor insurers bureau) / MID (motor insurers database) possibly – there’s a free checker that your car is on, and a paid one for checking someone else’s after a crash. I’ve not used the latter but if it gives a policy end date that’s all this lad needs.

scaredypants

cheers tga – maybe that’s as good as I can get, though doesn’t tell me when ins runs out

thegreatape
    Free Member

The free one doesn’t, I wonder if the £4 check does? Unless that’s the one you mean?

scaredypants

no, haven’t paid – IIRR, this kid was charging 4 quid for each disc so I doubt he was paying that much either. Maybe I misheard what they were offering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Car tax, ins & MOT checking website ?’ is closed to new replies.