Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car Repair Woes…again…steering rack?
  • benz
    Free Member

Car delivered from repairer to my home whilst I was at work today.

Went out for a drive in it.

Steering heavier than it was – slight tight spot when initially turning left, also steering not so strongly self-centering as it was.

Had a look underneath and can see a balljoint with rubber popped and grease escaping – absolutely not corrosion – suspect result of impact on other side, but as not on the impacted side perhaps missed.

Bizarrely tool to remove caps from locking nuts missing and handbrake leather boot also unattached.

Quick email to insurance company to log my dissatisfaction and then contact the repairer asap?

Concerned that the rack had had a knock internally plus tracking not factory set-up.

falkirk-mark

what car and what was the repair/ damage

legend
    Free Member

Did you select the garage or the insurer? If it was the latter I’d let them get it sorted, that’s what you’re paying them for after all

benz
    Free Member

Alfa 147.

Parked outside house and another car hit the front passenger wheel and wing plus pushed driver side into kerb on other side. Parked facing oncoming traffic as it were.

Replaced parts – passenger hub carrier, strut mount plus wheel bearings on both sides as well as the bodywork repairs.

I know how the car drove before – nice and light on the steering now it’s initially heavy.

Other party admitted liability as did their insurers so not a claim on my insurance.

falkirk-mark

it looks like the steering rack has been damaged but not picked up,locking tool misplaced as the wheels would have been off, handbrake connected to front wheels or centre console been removed? Kick it back to insurance company tell them you are not happy to drive it as is on safety concerns.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car Repair Woes…again…steering rack?’ is closed to new replies.