Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Car rental company charging admin fee for traffic offence
  • jools182
    Free Member

Just had a letter from Avis saying they have taken €35 from my account as an admin fee for a traffic offence while I was in France

Anyone else heard of it?

Don’t even know what that offence was yet, I wasn’t speeding, but looking at the time it was committed I was probably lost in Nice city centre trying to find the train station

*Prepares for a stw flaming

rickt
    Free Member

Ring Avis uk and request a full refund until full documentation can be provided to you.

nickjb
    Free Member

Had the same thing from a Hippy Campers in Australia. They charged us for two offences. We spoke to the local authority. One they had no record of the other was a mistake by us, we’d paid a toll but for the wrong thing. The local authority accepted the error and said they wouldn’t fine us anything as they had a record of us paying something. We went back to Hippie Campers who basically said ‘tough, read the small print’. Their charge was an admin fee and nothing to do with whether we were fined. We tried to argue, several emails back and forth but nothing at all helpful from them and being the other side of the world made it all a bit tricky.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Got the same from Romw once. Swore blind they were lying until the Roma police notice turned up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Car rental company charging admin fee for traffic offence’ is closed to new replies.